Legend of Zelda Thread

Background Pony #1045
One time last year, I challenged myself to try to complete as many quests as I can in Master Mode under a month. I actually succeeded in getting them all, minus the optional Korok Seed thing.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat Adventure of Link a few days ago and am currently playing Link to the Past, which I got decently far into before but never finished.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@pixel  
Playing ’em all in order?

@northern haste  
I have that, I love how shiny it is.

I now have 3 different Links, (Ocarina, 8-bit, and the aforementioned Awakening) 3 Marios, (SSB, 8-bit anniversary, and Dr. Mario) 2 Isabelles, (Winter & Spring outfits) and 2 Resettis. (Card & figure.)
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@pixel  
Ah, the original trilogy is still good though.

I remember seeing an old official SNES promo poster that refers to “Link to the Past” as “Zelda 3,” (it has “Coming Soon,” so this is probably a year before it released) and I’m curious what the series would be like, or if it’d be any different, if they numbered the series like FF & Megaman do.

Heck, Mario Kart didn’t get numbered until the 7th entry oddly.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

There were also apparently plans to have “Zelda 3” on the NES originally, with the only evidence for its existence being a single photo of its title screen on someone’s TV.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I think it’s fake, as nothing on Zelda 3 for NES exists besidesthe title “Zelda 3” being on upcoming game lists in old game magazines. There’s even old SuperNES posters that call “Link to the Past” Zelda 3, so it’s development was moved to the SNES.

@Phantom Rider  
Did you manage to find New Kasuto on your own with nothing but the in-game information? I sure didn’t.

I did, because that cave leading to a seemingly empty small forest area seemed suspicious, and I remembered the hammer can cut down trees.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Phantom Rider  
I don’t remember. I think I looked up whether or not it was indeed where I was supposed to go next but I don’t think I looked up where it actually was. I did figure it’d be in the seemingly empty corner that one cave leads to but it took me way longer than it should have to accidentally realize I could (and had to) cut down the trees.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Also, sense you learn the “Spell,” there, and a villager says there’s a secret at “edge of town,” that one was kinda obvious to me too.

Zelda 2 honestly wasn’t as cryptic as Zelda 1’s in-game hints were. Once you get the LIFE spell, and hammer to access shortcuts, and how to use your shield when fighting enemies, the game starts to become easier.
09MurphyM

@Beau Skunky  
Still, the game is infamous for just how difficult it can be. For example, all of the extra lives and Magic and EXP jars that you collect are gone permanently if you get a game over and do not respawn.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Or Castlevania II, which was DELIBERATELY cryptic (contrary to popular belief, the hints were not mistranslated in that game; they were just as vague and unhelpful in the Japanese version).

@09MurphyM

Not to mention how there are so many enemies that can steal your experience points (even very early on too).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Actually, the magic jars do respawn sometimes.

I usually end up never using the extra life dolls much anyway, and I save the EXP point bags for when I need them. I’ve played the game sense I was little, so I pretty much mastered Zelda 2, and can breeze through it no problem.

Though, as a kid I remember being stuck on the second temple, and Death Mountain maze caves for years. Nowadays those are so easy for me.

@Jarkes  
Yeah, Simon’s Quest had it’s issues too, but IMO Zelda 2 had much better hints.
09MurphyM

@Beau Skunky  
Another thing that is painful about getting a game over in the second game is that you get sent back to the starting point, which makes it tough if you were much farther in the game and have to return to that point.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide