Legend of Zelda Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
Yeah, though granted if you have the hammer, you can take shortcuts.

Though, that’s not really an issue anymore, if you’re playing the Virtual Console, NES Classic, or Switch Online version, as those have Restore save points.

@igotnopicks  
I can’t remember, but there might’ve been a vague hint about wind somewhere.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@09MurphyM  
The Japanese version also had less colorful temple dungeons, a blank Game Over screen, and some different music.

I think the American version was better honestly.
09MurphyM

According to the Zelda encyclopedia, there were plans to do a remake of Zelda 2 for the SNES that didn’t pan out because the development would have been started around the time that the N64 was going to be released.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Although some would argue that the blank screen with a digitized dragon roar is actually scarier.

@09MurphyM

Yeah, Oracle of Ages was originally going to be color-themed and the canceled third game was going to be the time travel one, but they moved the time travel to Ages instead (though Ages still has a lot of color-themed puzzles in the game, likely a holdover from the original plans).
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

@Beau Skunky  
Oh man. Zelda 1’s cryptic hints are part of the reason I played it in Japanese (the other part being my on-again-off-again attempts at learning the language over the years.) Because even though I’m far from fluent, translating the text for myself was a lot easier to understand than whatever nonsense they were yammering on about in the English version.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
A new boss Gooma was added too, similar to Claw-Grip being added in “Super Mario Brothers 2.” (Replacing the third white Mouser.)

Here’s a list of regional chages. Though, as I said most of ‘em were improvements. Kinda wish they kept the original “River Devil” sprite though.

I used to be scared to get close to the River Devil as a kid, because a town villager warns “The River Devil eats those whom are weak.”  
Though, truth is, it just blocks your way, like a boulder, it doesn’t hurt you.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Yup. I think one of the mini-boss themes in The Minish Cap was actually based off one of the battle themes from the Japanese version of Zelda II.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Yeah, I recognized it.

Y’know, Zelda 2 used to be considered the worst Zelda, (before people discovered the CDI games by Philips) and used to get alot of flack online, but nowadays, it’s becoming a more appreciated classic. Even the AVGN likes it.  
I know some hate the idea of a sidescrolling Zelda, (though honestly the game isn’t entirely sidescrolling, you’ll spend alot of time on the overhead view map too) but I would’ve liked them to experiment with that concept more. Though, only other time they did was the brief sidescrolling passages in the Gameboy Zeldas.

Miyamoto was supposedly kinda disapointed with Zelda 2. Not necessarily with the game itself, but because they couldn’t do things like make the bosses bigger, and such with the Famicom Disc System, which was supposedly a more powerful system then the original Famicom/NES was. Then they discovered how to make Famicom/NES cartridges hold more data, the Disc System add-on became obsolete, and abandoned.  
In fact, the Zelda games got rereleased in Famicom cartridge format later.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Honestly I just could never get into it. Kind of funny how the NES had a lot of “experimental sequels which were drastically different from their predecessors but unpopular as a result of that” (Final Fantasy II is another one that comes to mind).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Ironically, I actually liked those “experimental/controversial” sequels better then the previous ones.

“Unpopular” is kinda an unfair assumption, because actually, Zelda 2, SMB2, and such are apparently somewhat popular, and ranked very high in player vote-in polls in old Nintendo Power magazines, and such. The games sold so well too, that they became difficult to find, as well.  
Not to mention, many game sequels like “Teenage Mutant ninja Turtles 2: The Arcade Game,” & “Castlevania 3” were actually more popular then the original.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Do you mean the Japanese Famicom/DS one, or the FF4 USA SNES one? You’d think people would prefer the SNES one.

Honestly, the original NES FF1 didn’t really age well for me, it’s so slooooowwww I get too bored to play it.  
I much prefer FF6 on SNES. (FF3 in the USA.)
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

The Famicom one. FF4 and all its different versions are much more popular.

Also, the real FF2 never had a DS version. It did have several other versions though.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I thought they eventually rereleased all the Japanese sequels on GBA & DS?

I remember the GBA “Classic NES Series” remakes/ports of Zelda 1&2. Despite the distorted graphics, (to fit on a GBA resolution full screened) they played accurate to the originals.

“Metroid” seemed redundant, because it was already included as an unlockable in “Metroid Zero Mission.” (As a prize for beating the game.) I guess it was for collectors, or for those whom couldn’t beat it.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

3 was on the DS, not 2. 1 and 2 had releases on the PS1, GBA, and PSP, as did IV (which also had its own DS remake). V and VI only had PS1 and GBA ports though.

But this is technically off-topic.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Yeah, I couldn’t remember, seeing as I don’t have any of those remakes.

Slightly more on topic, I want a multiplayer Zelda Switch game that uses the same graphic style as the “Link’s Awakening” remake, or the 3DS “Link Between Worlds/Tri-Force Heroes” graphic style mixed in.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
Does it matter? Heck, the very Zelda takes place very late in the timeline, and some of it even branches into alternative ones.

So frankly, it could go anywhere.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

You know, I still don’t get why the Moldorm boss and a few other enemies in the Link’s Awakening remake recycle their Link Between Worlds/Tri-Force Heroes models, but the rest are all brand-new models reminiscent of the old Game Boy sprites.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide