Legend of Zelda Thread

Background Pony #B8D4
legend of ZELDA breath of the wild will be the first mainline game with DLC
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #1C3F  
That’s cool, though, my WiiU barely has much data left… (My only gripe with the WiiU, the limited storage options.)

@Jarkes  
Don’t feel bad, I can’t even beat the first level of “Ghoul’s & Ghosts” on my new NES Classic Edition. (Which is awesome BTW.)  
Which is funny, ‘cause I can still beat Zelda 2 & other games I’m more familiar with. I even beat all 100 levels of Bubble Bobble.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Oddly enough, I actually have beaten the original Legend of Zelda.

And yeah, I’ve heard tales of Ghoul’s & Ghosts legendarily brutal difficulty. Don’t you have to actually beat the entire game TWICE to get the true ending?
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
That one took me a decade, mostly ‘cause I could never find Level 5 & 7. (Despite the NPC hints.)

I think so, but I never played it before until now. Though, I do have the Firebrand spinoff game “Gargoyle’s Quest” (Gameboy) for 3DS, which is pretty good.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I think the Helmasaur King in A Link to the Past is even more difficult in the GBA version because of the smaller screen, because you don’t have as much room to dodge his tail attack.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Jarkes  
I’m 90% certain that the rooms in the GBA version aren’t any smaller than those in the SNES version. I remember a lot of vertical scrolling in “single-screen” rooms. Maybe it makes it harder to see where the attack’s coming from, but otherwise there shouldn’t be a difference.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
@Jarkes  
he is much harder than most bosses.

It’s best to think of him as a rhythm game. When his tail starts flipping back and forth, starting moving around to dodge it.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Whatevs

Yeah, he’s pretty hard even in the SNES version, but for some reason it seems to be more difficult to dodge his tail in the GBA version.

Also, you’d THINK that you’re supposed to use the Magic Hammer to break his mask, since this game was what started the “dungeon item is used against the boss” tradition (though not every boss in the game did this; in fact, none of the Light World bosses did this, save for the Bow being effective against the Armos Knights, but not required), but while you CAN do this, it actually takes a LONG time and it’s much more effective to use Bombs to break his mask (it only takes 3 Bombs to do it).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I didn’t think the Helmasaur boss was that hard, and I had no problem using the hammer on him. Didn’t know you could use bombs though.

You can also use the bug-catching net when fighting the sorcerer boss Agenheim. (Or however it’s spelled.)
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, the Ice Palace boss, Kholdstare, had a melting “fade” effect for its ice shell in its initial form programmed into the game to indicate how close you were to destroying its ice shell, but due to a programming error the effect didn’t work in the SNES version and the ice shell just suddenly disappears, with no indication as to how close you are to destroying it. This behavior was properly restored in the GBA version.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Anyway, after not touching it for 9 months, I finally got back to Twilight Princess HD and went through the entire Forest Temple…

…REALLY not a fan of how they replaced a bunch of high-value Rupees in chests with freaking Miiverse stamps… Considering that I never even use Miiverse… And apparently there’s a heck of a lot more cases of this later in the game…
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Huh, interesting, I never played the GBA version, so I wasn’t aware it had small graphical updates.

@Jarkes  
Miiverse stamps are all the rage, I guess. I got a ton in “Super Mario 3D World,” & “NES Remix Pack.” I never really use ’em either, but they look nice.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
…Did they change it in Twilight Princess HD so that you cannot find the Golden Bugs while an area is covered by Twilight? Because I’m in Kakariko Village now while it’s covered in Twilight, and I distinctly recall being able to find the Golden Bugs in that area while it was still covered in the Wii verison, but I’ve checked where they’re supposed to be several times now and they’re literally not even there. Why would they change that?

EDIT: Yep, they totally did, I found the Golden Bugs just fine once the Twilight was cleared.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Made it to the Goron Mines. …I had forgotten that the Twilight Princess version of Gorons had rocky nipples. It’s… kind of icky to be honest.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
So Twilight Princess HD no longer has the heatwave distortion/ripple visual effect in the heated areas of the Goron Mines… Kind of disappointing.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
By the way, Beau Skunky, I assume you don’t have A Link Between Worlds yet because you mentioned waiting for it to become a Nintendo Select and how it seems to be out of print because you can’t find it anywhere?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide