Legend of Zelda Thread

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Apparently Miyamoto recently said in an interview that Link’s full name is “Link Link”.

I suspect he was joking as a reference to the “Mario Mario” name, but some people took it as official word-of-god canon.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
What do you guys think of A Link Between Worlds? I think it’s pretty great, even if it is a bit on the easy side. Though Hero Mode goes a bit too far in the other direction by making you take QUADRUPLE damage from everything, meaning you can get killed in two hits by a rat at the beginning of the game. That’s why I never bother with Hero Mode after having attempted it once.

But I love the “item rental” and stamina mechanics that allow you to basically visit most of the dungeons in just about any order.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also the twist of Hilda being “evil” (which I use loosely) is ruined by the fact that after every two Lorule dungeons it cuts to her in some void with Zelda’s painting, which makes it pretty clear that she’s working with Yuga (though Yuga ends up betraying her).
09MurphyM

I saw the Nintendo switch presentation for Breath of the Wild. This must be the first time that Zelda is shown to break down in tears.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
There’s actually a bit of a plothole in A Link Between Worlds.

Hilda’s whole plan hinges on Link gaining the Triforce of Courage. But without Ravio giving Link his bracelet to let him merge with and leave walls, he would’ve been trapped as a painting at the Eastern Palace forever and Hilda’s plan would’ve been foiled. …Eeeeeexcept Ravio had already long since left Hilda and Yuga by the time he first met Link and gave him his bracelet, so that COULDN’T have been part of her plan, except that it’s the only way her plan would work.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Shepherd

Yeah, definitely. I also wonder if Hilda was COUNTING on Ravio giving his bracelet to a hero (Link) in the hopes that it would aid her plan, even if she was upset with Ravio for leaving them.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I never got why Twilight Princess changed the number of Pieces of Heart needed for a new Heart Container from 4 to 5. Especially considering that later games went back to 4. My best guess is that they did that to justify putting 2 Pieces of Heart in all of the main dungeons except the last one, so that there would still be plenty of Pieces of Heart to be found elsewhere in the game.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Perhaps it was also due to the fortune teller that gives hints on where they are making collecting them all much easier then other Zeldas.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Beau Skunky

Possibly. Not to mention how some of them are VERY easy to get. There’s one in one section in Hyrule Field that you just need to toss your Gale Boomerang at to retrieve it from the tree it’s in, and that section is shortly after the Forest Temple to begin with. In fact if I remember right, it’s actually right before you reach the Curtain of Twilight that covers Eldin Province…
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
Sad thing is, I didn’t figure out that boomerang one until I was at the end of the game. lol

Funny how “Twilight Princess” broke the tradition of having Octoroks in every Zelda game. (“Windwaker” even detaited their figurine with “Perfect Attendence” award jokingly.) I was hoping they’d put on in the HD remake.  
Those lava frog things were kinda similar though.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
To this day, I still have not beaten A Link to the Past, Link’s Awakening, or either of the Oracle games.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Like, it’s literally been years since I’ve played Link’s Awakening DX or either of the Oracle games on my 3DS. I can’t even remember where I was at in any of them, so I’m thinking of deleting them and then redownloading them for a fully fresh start.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
To this day, I still have not beaten A Link to the Past, Link’s Awakening, or either of the Oracle games.

@Jarkes  
Like, it’s literally been years since I’ve played Link’s Awakening DX or either of the Oracle games on my 3DS. I can’t even remember where I was at in any of them, so I’m thinking of deleting them and then redownloading them for a fully fresh start.

And I just realized that I said this exact same thing in this thread months ago.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Holy shit.

(For context, this is what happens in Breath of the Wild if you’re walking around with lots of metal equipment during a thunderstorm in the game)
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@09MurphyM

I know. And in my previous attempt, I had already died three times by the time I reached the Face Shrine (which I’m pretty sure is where I left off, but I’ve deleted it and redownloaded it anyway, so that’s all gone).
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jarkes  
I’ve beaten ‘em all. Didn’t you say a similar thing in the Sonic thread?  
Not many brag about games they can’t beat.

@09MurphyM  
I’ve done that in both versions. Interestingly, the special ending is a li’l bit updated in the Color/DX version.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide