Viewing last 25 versions of post by Phantom Rider in topic Legend of Zelda Thread

Phantom Rider
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

You are already booped.
"[@Beau Skunky":](/generals/legend-of-zelda-thread-295/post/4529896#post_4529896
)  
Bittersweet, eh? That's the thing; I really can't find the 'sweet' side to the game's ending. It's really the one thing that's put me off playing it. You explore this world and meets its people and go fight the big bad monster... [spoiler]:|| who was mostly trying to stop you from waking the wind fish because the world is its dream, and yay, you killed it. Let's show our hero what he's won! Congratulations! Link gets to watch helplessly as everything and everyone is utterly obliterated, and think about the fact that he ended a world as he dies of exposure (floating on what's left of his boat in the middle of the sea with no end in sight... yeah, Link's dead meat.) There's no upside here for anybody involved - no, not even for Marin. She gets to know _*she_* had a hand in armageddon and can't do anything to save Link to boot! I guess the Wind Fish didn't want to sleep forever, but I can't call _*him_* getting what he wants a good thing because he didn't even bother helping Link get to shore.[/spoiler]|| So, as much fun as the rest of the game sounds... naaaah.

On the other hand, since I know all this already, I should probably go ahead and play it, as there's nothing _*else_* about it to be depressed by... but every time I get ready to start another old-school game and consider that one, it's that ending that makes me decide "meh, let's see what Mario was up to then instead."
No reason given
Edited by Phantom Rider
Phantom Rider
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

You are already booped.
"@Beau Skunky":/generals/legend-of-zelda-thread-295/post/4529896#post_4529896
Bittersweet, eh? That's the thing; I really can't find the 'sweet' side to the game's ending. It's really the one thing that's put me off playing it. You explore this world and meets its people and go fight the big bad monster... [spoiler]: who was mostly trying to stop you from waking the wind fish because the world is its dream, and yay, you killed it. Let's show our hero what he's won! Congratulations! Link gets to watch helplessly as everything and everyone is utterly obliterated, and think about the fact that he ended a world as he dies of exposure (floating on what's left of his boat in the middle of the sea with no end in sight... yeah, Link's dead meat.) There's no upside here for anybody involved - no, not even for Marin. She gets to know ''_she''_ had a hand in armageddon and can't do anything to save Link to boot! I guess the Wind Fish didn't want to sleep forever, but I can't call ''_him''_ getting what he wants a good thing because he didn't even bother helping Link get to shore.[/spoiler] So, as much fun as the rest of the game sounds... naaaah.

On the other hand, since I know all this already, I should probably go ahead and play it, as there's nothing _else_ about it to be depressed by... but every time I get ready to start another old-school game and consider that one, it's that ending that makes me decide "meh, let's see what Mario was up to then instead."
No reason given
Edited by Phantom Rider
Phantom Rider

You are already booped.
Bittersweet, eh? That's the thing; I really can't find the 'sweet' side to the game's ending. It's really the one thing that's put me off playing it. You explore this world and meets its people and go fight the big bad monster... [[spoiler]: who was mostly trying to stop you from waking the wind fish because the world is its dream, and yay, you killed it. Let's show our hero what he's won! Congratulations! Link gets to watch helplessly as everything and everyone is utterly obliterated, and think about the fact that he ended a world as he dies of exposure (floating on what's left of his boat in the middle of the sea with no end in sight... yeah, Link's dead meat.) There's no upside here for anybody involved - no, not even for Marin. She gets to know ''she'' had a hand in armageddon and can't do anything to save Link to boot! I guess the Wind Fish didn't want to sleep forever, but I can't call ''him'' getting what he wants a good thing because he didn't even bother helping Link get to shore.[[/spoiler]] So, as much fun as the rest of the game sounds... naaaah.

On the other hand, since I know all this already, I should probably go ahead and play it, as there's nothing _else_ about it to be depressed by... but every time I get ready to start another old-school game and consider that one, it's that ending that makes me decide "meh, let's see what Mario was up to then instead."
No reason given
Edited by Phantom Rider
Phantom Rider

You are already booped.
Bittersweet, eh? That's the thing; I really can't find the 'sweet' side to the game's ending. It's really the one thing that's put me off playing it. You explore this world and meets its people and go fight the big bad monster... [[spoiler: who was mostly trying to stop you from waking the wind fish because the world is its dream, and yay, you killed it. Let's show our hero what he's won! Congratulations! Link gets to watch helplessly as everything and everyone is utterly obliterated, and think about the fact that he ended a world as he dies of exposure (floating on what's left of his boat in the middle of the sea with no end in sight... yeah, Link's dead meat.) There's no upside here for anybody involved - no, not even for Marin. She gets to know ''she'' had a hand in armageddon and can't do anything to save Link to boot! I guess the Wind Fish didn't want to sleep forever, but I can't call ''him'' getting what he wants a good thing because he didn't even bother helping Link get to shore.[[/spoiler]] So, as much fun as the rest of the game sounds... naaaah.

No reason given
Edited by Phantom Rider
Phantom Rider

You are already booped.
Bittersweet, eh? That's the thing; I really can't find the 'sweet' side to the game's ending. It's really the one thing that's put me off playing it. You explore this world and meets its people and go fight the big bad monster... [[spoiler: who was mostly trying to stop you from waking the wind fish because the world is its dream, and yay, you killed it. Let's show our hero what he's won! Congratulations! Link gets to watch helplessly as everything and everyone is utterly obliterated, and think about the fact that he ended a world as he dies of exposure (floating on what's left of his boat in the middle of the sea with no end in sight... yeah, Link's dead meat.) There's no upside here for anybody involved - no, not even for Marin. She gets to know ''she'' had a hand in armageddon and can't do anything to save Link to boot! I guess the Wind Fish didn't want to sleep forever, but I can't call ''him'' getting what he wants a good thing because he didn't even bother helping Link get to shore.]] So, as much fun as the rest of the game sounds... naaaah.

No reason given
Edited by Phantom Rider