The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Plain Pony
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Not a Plane pony
@WyrmSpawN  
It fits the literal definition of crunch, i.e. working extra hours to complete something more quickly. But, crunch is usually used to mean 80+ hour weeks for months on end, with employees sleeping under desks, and getting no extra pay. That’s clearly not what’s happening here.

What Schrier is trying to do is pull a semantic trick; using the word literally, but carrying the extra definition where it doesn’t apply. It’s a common tactic of SJWs, using labels like racist and nazi to conjure images of terrible people with terrible beliefs, when the targets are usually nominal examples (or not examples at all, of course).

Unfortunately, I have seen people go in the other direction in response to this, making claims that crunch is never a problem, and is an expectation of anyone who works in the industry. Sometimes people need to work a little extra to do what’s expected of them, but there’s a limit, and pushing people there creates a terrible living situation and results in lower quality work.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Penguin Dragneel  
Schrier’s been corrupt for a while. He’s not an idiot, he just thought no one would challenge him giving how much slime games Journo has become. And IGN of all places.

@Mikey  
Those who need a dragon to slay will chase windmills.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

It’s 2020 and Gamergate and Pepe lives in these people’s heads.

full

How is anyone this sad and miserable? I love how they call themselves the “progressives” yet they’re still stuck in 2015. They’re systems are that fried they can’t update to current firmware.

This is from Magical Girl Freindship Squad. A “Parody” about something the creators and network absolutely hate.  
You know why people like the Orville given it’s Star Trek Parody? Because the creators have respect for the source, and from murmurings, seems like Syfy is deleted promos of this show and are probably gonna can it soon.  
It’s literally what Tumblr would do, if they got the rights to Sailor Moon- and the quality is expected.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Cyborg_pony

I saw that on Chris Ray Gun’s twitter feed, and we were all discussing how its only whiny journalists who still make a big deal out of GG, and blame it for everything they see wrong in the world.
Cyborg_pony

@Ebalosus  
I’ve seen a few try to whine about the dreaded Gamergates. It’s always the “we’re against the establishment!” that attack people going against large companies.

They’re like the Rebels joining the empire, but still say they’re against the empire.
Cyborg_pony

Moviebob got fired. . . again.

full

It’s only hilarious when he went on that “I WIN!” tangent like he was hot shit and his long history of being a terrible, terrible person.

He fade into obscurity like even he knew he would.
Cyborg_pony

@DeathCloud  
This is probably cutting the fat another toxic person was cut from Guild Wars a while ago.

No one wanted to support Escapist with Bob on it, so they could be trying to recoup what they can. They could rehire him, but if it’s more profitable not to have him, I doubt- . . . Never mind. They might actually be dumb enough to rehire him.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Cyborg_pony  
The main reason people still support the Escapist would be Yahtzee. If he left, the whole thing comes crumbling down.

MovieBob wished he was anything close to a reviewer like Yahtzee.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Cyborg_pony  
@Scrabbleman

The thing is, Bob has no peers, beyond other has-been media personality shitheads. The right doesn’t like him due to his condescending dismissal of their real-world material concerns, and left especially doesn’t like him due to him being a Sorkinite liberal and quasi-objectivist. His pull amongst people is next-to-nothing (like his idol Anita, ironically), and because the reborn Escapist has none of the influence of the Escapist of a decade ago, his claims of importance are laughable.

If it wasn’t for the Escapist, would you have even heard of Moviebob?
Cyborg_pony

@Penguin Dragneel  
Yeah, I would bet that was him. He also spouted “I’m done with Channel Awesome!” then bitched a post of him wasn’t in their office anymore, called a bunch of Comic reviewers White supremacists (Including non-white reviewers) when Tweet replies didn’t satiate his and his buddy’s egos so deleted it, got mad at another for doing something he did and also banned people from his stream calling them “Nazis” over the M&M joke. He also really, REALLY hates the ones that actually made their own comics with successful campaigns since he’s a reviewer out of being a failed comic writer, while they’re reviewers that put their ideas to paper. Some making bank and even working with popular celebs to make a graphic novels for people to enjoy.

He’s kind of like Bob blaming everything on a boogeyman.

That entire clique was rotted to the core. All of them have and will backstab each other for monetary twitter back-pats, and most have faded into obscurity.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Cyborg_pony

Are you sure about that? Because back at the Escapist’s height it was considered a prestigious publication in gaming, especially when they had Jim Sterling and Extra Credits for the intellectual weight, and Yahtzee and Loading Ready Run for the comedy.

In gaming media, he had essentially “made it” so to speak. Going up for him would be either ‘graduating’ to television as a pundit, or an Internet whos-who with a lot of pull.

Instead he’s some bitter has-been from an earlier internet.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Ebalosus  
I believe he was actually referring to Channel Awesome.

I mean, Extra Credits has gone downhill as well, but aside from that, I haven’t heard of anyone from Escapist doing stupid s###.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide