The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
POLITICS DON’T BELONG IN VIDEOGAMES

he says, while shooting up virtual commies in a simulated invasion of cyprus after a riveting speech of “better red than dead”
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@The Frowning Pony  
And here’s the problem with it;

What if the flag was a Kekistan or even the straight pride flag? Even if it was the American flag, The same people cheering that strip of pastel bars would have jumped down the dev’s throats screaming and calling them all bigots, much like when they refused to not cut Jontron from the game. Anyone could see it was pointless pandering.

They don’t actually care, it’s just the newest fad that they can use to get in favor with the journos, just like adding female characters to a WWII simulation where they never were or calling some new character and list of things to keep people from looking at what is festering beneath the facade.

It’s just a shield and nothing more.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Patachu  
Ironically, they’re fine with one as long as in a Mutliplayer setting there isn’t the other as anyone can recall.

Bought a shooter set in WWII.

Installed a shooter set in WWII

Selected Multiplayer in a shooter set in WWII

and Bam. You’re a Nazi, and You didn’t choose this.

Well, I didn’t know there’s be NAZIS! in a game about WWII! They should have called it the Goody-goods vs. the Bady-Bads! :O
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Cyborg_pony  
There you are.  
Playing prequel themed SW multiplayer shooter.  
And all of the sudden, you’re a CIScum.  
You didn’t ask for this.  
You didn’t choose this.  
Yet, there it is.  
ROGER, ROGER
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Patachu  
Now, I know you intentionally “miss” the sarcasm.

@Cyborg_pony  
A guy complaining (wrongly) that nazis exist in “fun” videogames or that they’re playable in multiplayer is a thing that happened, not that fanfic of yours.

Meanwhile, people did blow a gasket when they heard about black or female playable axis characters in CoD.
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
We know. We made fun of it.

And I didn’t really see anyone “blow a gasket” more like ask why, most complained about removing the flag. Being them is fine, but their symbol is VERBOTEN! seems a little skewed morally. Ironically some of those same defended BF5.  
(Probably has NOTHING to do with showing up in ads for it)

The joke is, they have revised historical figures for brownie points from Twitter, and they’d blow a gasket if their boogyman was made to be a black woman.

Ya get it?
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Cyborg_pony  
I think Arte has already a copyright for a Gay Brown Hitler, it’s about time things change!

nazis exist in “fun” videogames or that they’re playable in multiplayer

So? There’s many games in which you can play as a communist. There’s even games in which you have the mission to drop a nuclear bomb on a city. You’re too on politics, it’s just a game, and game developers or gamers do what they want, it’s not even a question of free speech, if a bunch of gamers want to reiterate the battle of Ardennes, Normandy, Stalingrad, Berlin or the Battle of England, they can. Also no one complained about Wolfenstein or RiseOftheTriad and a bunch of games with nazis back then. Again, it’s just a game.
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@The Frowning Pony

First I don’t know and I’m not even interested to know what the game you are talking about really is. To me, it’s a game. A game where you have players fighting other players in a virtual area for entertainment.  
I’m pointing at your biased view that you agree to the simplist idea that  
«videogames are political propaganda because you are allowed to shoot communists, therefore you are evil» or «videogames where you kill another player with a rainbow flag makes you evil» or why not «a game where you can be a nazi is a nazi sympathizer game»

Your rhetoric is wrong. A game is a game just like art is art or cinema is cinema and so on for all other forms of art protected by free speech. If someone use “öffensive symbols” what’s the problem, people do what they want. I would never feel bad to shoot either opponent in a nazi uniform, communist, or furries with pride flags edit ON A VIDEOAME.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Patachu  
As far as I’m concerned videogames can be about whatever the fuck the creator wants them to be and tell whatever message they want. Whether they sell or not (or can be advertised or not) is another matter, but “it’s not real”.
Patachu

@The Frowning Pony  
And I totally agree with you here, it’s indeed, not real.  
It’s hard for non-english people or people online to always get the sarcastic tones, so I just wanted to ask you that, no need to get mad.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Politics don’t need to be in video games. If you include them, you better have a good reason to do so (other than “muh inclusion”).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide