Gun Discussion

Gizoid101

@JustLikeTheNewGuy

9MM

PRO:  
40-50% Cheaper  
Lower Recoil  
Higher Capacity Magazine  
Currently U.S. Military sidearm (Beretta)  
Higher Velocity – 1100-1300 FPS

CON:  
Less Knockdown Power

PRO:  
More Knockdown Power  
Ex-Military Sidearm (Colt 1911)

CON:  
Twice as Expensive  
Smaller Capacity Magazine  
More Recoil
TheLoneLampman
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%TheLoneLampman> i can't hide my racist side

Special when lit
@JustLikeTheNewGuy  
.45 has more “stopping power”.

9mm has a higher velocity (less target leading and better accuracy over long distance)and because they’re smaller, more rounds can be carried in the same amount of space (a negated advantage if there’s a legal restriction on capacity… very stupid law.)
TheLoneLampman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%TheLoneLampman> i can't hide my racist side

Special when lit
@SeraphimDawn  
No personal experience with it, but googling shows it having better penetration and accuracy at range than the .45 & 9mm.  
(For the record, I’m not familiar with most non-conventional calibers.)
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Pomegranates :P
@TheLoneLampman  
Oh!  
It’s Carcer who lives in the UK.

I have no history with guns other than text knowledge I read up on the net. But I hear the reason why 9mm is mainstream is because of how the .45acp kicks back too much for most gun users to handle.

Police used to use .38 special revolvers as a standard if I’m not mistaken. Particularly the S&W Model 10 until being fazed out by the Glocks in the 90s.
PaskaNaakka
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

PM me Maud pics
@SeraphimDawn  
You need a squeaky-clean background, even a speeding ticket can get your license revoked. There’s quite a bit of bureaucracy involved in getting a license AFAIK, and each individual gun requires a separate license.  
Carrying weapons in public is illegal, and self-defense is not considered a valid reason to get a license.

Oh, and fully automatic weapons, explosives, artillery and missile systems are generally not permitted.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@SeraphimDawn
Recreational shooting, hunting and collecting for example.
Here, you don’t need an excuse to own a firearm. You just need to prove that you’re sane, and don’t have a criminal record with violent crimes on it.

And despite having both higher gun ownership and easier access, gun violence is still lower here per capita than in Aus
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@SeraphimDawn

Anything excluding explosives. Automatic weapons are heavily restricted, but aren’t too hard to acquire; same with pistol weapons.

The ironic thing is that suppressors/silencers aren’t restricted at all. You can easily get a suppressor for a heavily restricted weapon no problems whatsoever. The law assumes that you already legally own the weapon that you’re getting a suppressor for, thus there is no need to regulate/restrict them.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@SeraphimDawn

Pretty much. The main expense with guns is the manufacturing tax placed on the weapons when they’re made (taxes on production back in Finland, for example), and shipping them here from Europe or America. There are no import duties on firearms here, and the regulations don’t amount to much, thus IIRC guns only get taxed like other products and services here (15% GST, for example)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide