Gun Discussion

Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Vlakc

Pretty much, with current commercially available plastics. If only the 3D printer could print metals, alloys, and ceramics…
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I shot a 12 gauge pump shotgun, a .357 revolver loaded with .38 specials, and a .30-30 rifle for a day one spring break. My accuracy with the revolver and rifle was poor but I became pretty good at shooting clay pigeons with the shotgun. I liked the shotgun but it didn’t like me. Each shot was like being kicked in the shoulder and by the end of the day I was badly bruised. It was still a fun time.

I don’t own any guns because I don’t have the budget and Illinois is not a gun friendly state but if I could I’d get a shotgun like a Mossberg 590 with a recoil absorbing butt pad and maybe a Glock 30.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@Get pills, against my orders

Springfield M1903.

The appearance of guns in my opinion went to shit after the AK47. In some way the fire-arms of the Second World War were pretty good looking.

But in all, the most primitive fire-arms such as wheellocks are the most attractive.

full

They and matchlocks have the most attractive mechanical bits. They’re basically weaponized clocks.

full

full

The fact all the parts are made by hand as well really implies a sense of delicacy that went into an rather indelicate weapon. A lot of human care went into not only making these, but most likely producing them and they’re really more works of art now than they were weapons. They’re astoundingly beautiful. And some of them can get incredibly ornate.

full
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@Namalsk

I believe so. But based on my knowledge they’re basically all a sniper-rifle in some form and not standard-issue combat gear like the Garand was in the Second World War and possibly Korea. The Rifle as the work-horse of infantry affairs as sort of given way to assault rifles and dudes behind counsels half a world away pushing buttons to fly a million-dollar video game.

War in my opinion has gotten less human than it was before, and the guns just as hideous.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@SeraphimDawn

Knowing Russian manufacturing they probably pumped out enough of those rifles to outfit the world. But the Mosin-Nagant is apparently still in use. I’ve heard stories of insurgents killed in action having Mosin-Nagants on their corpse.

Though I think production has ceased, the USSR literally handed out so many they keep cropping up everywhere. Every nation in the Soviet or Chinese sphere was handed a Mosin-Nagant to arm their military. Sort of like how you could look at the AK series of assault rifles.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Pomegranates :P
@AaronMk  
Believe it or not, the Russian Railway and a few police forces in that country still use the Nagant M1895, gas Seal revolver. the TT-33 Tokarev is also used to this day in certain countries such as Pakistan, China, and North Korea.

I particularly like guns from WW2 era, especially Russian, German, and Belgian. Some early Cold war era guns such as the Makarov PM and CZ-52 look nice. Is the CZ-75 really that good?
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@SeraphimDawn

As soon as you said Makarov PM I stopped knowing what you’re talking about from then on, lol.

I’m not as big as a gun-nut as my friends are. I really tend to look at them more from the design perspective: which translates over into “The older they are, the cooler I find them to look like”.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Pomegranates :P
@TagAnon  
That was why modified S&W Model 29 revolvers were issued to tunnel crawler in Vietnam.

And I assume Britain was one of the last major powers to transition from revolvers to automatic pistols as standard issue side arms. They’ve used Enfield and Webley and some S&W Model 10 revolvers during WW2.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide