Gun Discussion

Background Pony #5252
@Ebalosus
LMAO at that SCARling. Why would you use 556 with a 7.5 inch barrel when that cartridge was designed for 20 inches? .300 BLK exists, why not use it instead?
And SCAR’s bulk looks so silly in this form. Now I want to see Beretta ARX 160 pistol.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Is there an Arrow Firing Gun that looks almost identical to a Rifle?
In other words, these things:
Coming out of something that looks like these:
Not a crossbow BTW:
So I guess what I’m asking here is…
IS THERE AN ARROW CALIBER RIFLE?
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
I notice an occasional trend in Shooter Games where Shotguns can be modified into dedicated Grenade Launchers and other crazy heavy cannon type weapons.
I also found this presentation which kinda reinforces that idea:
Are Shotguns actually the most mod-able long gun type IRL?
In terms of changing the core function of the base firearm entirely instead of adding attachments, the latter of which is the case with Rifles.
Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
The picture shows the M79 grenade launcher, not a modded shotgun. Its author probably wanted to say that you load it like a break-action shotgun.
I notice an occasional trend in Shooter Games where Shotguns can be modified into dedicated Grenade Launchers and other crazy heavy cannon type weapons.
Games have to balance weapons and make them fun. (Unless they are meant to be realistic military simulators.)
I haven’t heard of people modding shotguns into grenade launchers. But IIRC earlier in this thread someone linked a firework launcher, very similar to a grenade launcher, that was meant to be made from scratch. I guess it was easier to make it from scratch than to mod a shotgun.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide