Gun Discussion

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
Rifle refers to the barrel. If a gun with a rifled barrel fires a pistol round it’s still a rifle.
CaptainXtra
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

STOP KOSA!
Apparently AK47’s are the most produced gun in existence.
It’s as if any major shooter game that excludes them only does so out of spite.
Also what are guns called that fire out both Rifle Bullets and Shotgun Shells, if those are actually real and not just something that Shooter Games pulled out of their ass.
FliegerFaustToP47
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
Hi! Could anyone please show me pictures of Russian or Chinese green tracer rounds? Like, the tracer as they’re fired? It’s almost impossible for me to find out those tracer lights the Eastern block bullets leave; I just find Western ammo with red tracers like these:
Also, anyone here knows how many tracer ammunition colours are there? I’ve heard of red and green, and I think also a blue one, but so far I don’t know anything else.
Hi, I’m not entirely sure what you exactly mean (Like, I’m imagining you’re referring to some sort of awkward M-16+AA-12 Frankenstein kind of thing from a game that fires both rounds from a single drum magazine), but there are guns that can fire both shotgun rounds and rifle rounds; they’re called Combination guns, they’re often break-action and you have to manually load the shotgun shell and the rifled bullet after firing, which I’m not sure it’s the thing you’re asking for.
Aside from that, I think you can technically fire shotgun shells from rifled guns, as far as this Quora question and it’s replies implies.
Other than that, there are underbarrel extensions for M4s and M16s that are basically ancillary shotgun weapons, the M26 MASS is probably the closest I know to what you might be thinking, and there’s also others like the KAC Masterkey, which is like a Remington strapped under a rifle.
And well… There are slug rounds for shotguns, which might kinda look like regular bullets because unlike other shells this thing is a big, single bullet that smashes things. So I’m not sure if you might be talking about some gun that fires these.
So, it’s not technically unfeasible I think…
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Tracer colour differentiation between NATO and Warsaw Pact countries was more due to the chemicals used to create the tracer rounds, with the former using strontium compounds and the latter using barium salts, hence the red and green tracer colours, respectively.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
Shot tracking, or tracing, if you will. It means that both the shooter and their fellow soldiers know where the bullets are going without having to rely upon either guesswork or playing telephone with one another or their commanding officers.
Background Pony #5252
@Goku Black
You can see where your shots are going. It allows you to see how accurate you (or others) are. You can have a machine gun belt where every let’s say fifth round is a tracer.
It also allows you to “point out” targets to other people.
Emulating Star Wars is a valid use case too.
Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
Pistols: Glock 17, M1911, Browning Hi-Power, Makarov (PM), Tokarev (TT-33)
Shotguns: Remington 870, Mossberg 500, Winchester Model 1897
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
Without JStark around, I don’t think there’ll be one distinct FGC-9 Mk.3. Having said that, the people working continuing the project are all focused on a similar objective: the buffer tube must go.
It’s not so much because they can then make it more compact (which would be a definite benefit), but because the buffer tube is the most difficult part to print correctly without issues. There are multiple different people working different ways to achieve this, with people either copying Mussy with a telescoping bolt, or using a single block with lead inserts to get the weight right, or bullpup designs that include the former.
As such, we’ll likely see 3-5 different FGC-9 successors, rather than the one we got last year.
FliegerFaustToP47
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
Oh thank you so much, I was looking out for a video like the last one, thank you! And the image is good too.
Ah, thank you for the information, had no idea why they had different colours, but I assumed it was because of the composition.
Just a question, are those (And yellow) the only tracer colours out there?
Talking regionally, seems like everyone in my country identifies a pistol as a ‘Deagle’, a submachine gun as an ‘Mac Uzi’ (Lol), assault rifles as ‘Ak-47s’ or ‘FAL’ and shotguns as ‘Benelli’ or less-known as ‘Soberana’. Hope that helps.
(No kidding, was drawing a Hk-7 PDW yesterday and some old guy said ‘Oh, you’re drawing a Micro MacUzi! Cool’)
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
Yes, there are other colour tracers out there, because remember that they function similarly to fireworks, thus no reason you can’t have purple, blue or white tracers. As for their usage, I don’t think other colour see much use in the military due to economies-of-scale when it comes to ammunition production, but I could be wrong.
FliegerFaustToP47

Laß mich sterben
Oh okay, makes sense then, in that case I really want to see a picture of Rainbow Dash firing a M134 with rainbow tracers, lmao, would be awesome. But still, thank you for reply my question ^^.
(And well, I think I saw a M2 Bradley firing some blue tracer like thing, but it might be just an optical illusion of sorts.)
Edit, found it:
Wtf is wrong with Derpibooru messages
Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
When using revolvers, cases are not deformed and not ejected automatically, so it’s easier to reload ammo. Semi-auto pistols can deform casings (google “Glock smile”), making it necessary to fix these deformations before reloading ammo.
Also, you don’t have to care if ammo is loaded really hot or really weak. The revolver cycles anyway. Meanwhile many semi-auto pistols will not cycle properly with unusual loads.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide