Gun Discussion

FliegerFaustToP47
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
What you would guys prefer: An Gewehr 41 (Any of the two models) or a AVS-36. By any choice (aesthetically, method of operation, mainteance, power, magazine capacity, etc…)

I hope this it’s not the wrong forum.
Background Pony #DFEF
@FliegerFaustToP47  
Of the two, the AVS-36 uses ammunition that is less expensive and easier to find currently in the US. It also has greater magazine capacity and the happy switch. So that’s the one I’d go for, of the two.

My favorite mid-20th Century milsurp that I actually own is a Chinese “Para Model” SKS with the 16” barrel and a very silly, very short, folding spike bayonet.
FliegerFaustToP47
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Laß mich sterben
@Background Pony #DFEF

Oh, the Chinese Norinco SKS? Yeah, I’ve heard of those, they are considered a cheaper alternative to the Russian SKS model. Often users that have both tend to leave the Russian as original and tacticool the Chinese one…

To be honest, if I had to choose, i would go for the G.41 to sell and the AVS-36 to keep. G.41 are rather costly.

Really my last comment was from 15 days ago? Damn, this thread it’s dead as Fokker
Background Pony #AA1F
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ

Hmm… I thought Jacketed Hollow Points rounds were to cause more damage to unarmoured targets, and the Full Metal Jacket for armoured ones. Either way, any gunfight that exceeds 100-250m range it’s usually rifle business, you bring a pistol to those if you want to become Chrysalis legs…
Background Pony #AA1F
@MagpulPony

I do realize that, but we’re talking about America, the land of weapons and war gizmos, you may be continually firing your M1911 pistol with hollowpoints and this dude that looks like an SWAT Bomb Disposal or a Bulldozer from Payday comes in and decides to ruin your day.

Long story short, you may be better with both rounds (FMJ & JHP, like PB & J) just in case, but the JHP rounds will be most likely your first choice, unless, of course, you’re facing an entire platoon of SEAL’s, in which case… prepare your anus…
Background Pony #DFEF
@Background Pony #AA1F  
Modern soft body armor is pretty resistant to handgun ammo as a rule, with exceptions like 5.7mm, the super high velocity Swedish steel-jacketed 9mm SMG ammo you sometimes hear about, and not many others. With, for example, .45 ACP, bullet construction doesn’t matter much against kevlar, barring exotic ammo types not readily available over the counter in the US. If someone trying to kill you is wearing body armor, you need a rifle–lots of people complain about 5.56mm M855 steel-core not fragmenting in blocks of ballistic gelatin, but everybody sure does love how well it punches through kevlar–or to aim at unprotected portions of his body.

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
No truck gun? If someone wants me dead badly enough to make his attempt from a quarter mile with a scoped rifle, I do not anticipate that carrying a handgun or wearing body armor will do much for my chances. Fortunately that doesn’t seem to be a common tactic among street hoodlums.
Background Pony #AA1F
@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ

Why don’t you use the landscape for your advantage then? Pistols are no good on long distances, so sneak, hide, take cover, and shoot and scoot. Be an strategist, plan, be the GLA.

And yes, i realize we are not in “Michael Bay. The Movie”, but strategies can be a tide turner, especially agaisnt a guy that just has a rifle and nothing else to do on his free time…
Background Pony #5252
@FliegerFaustToP47  
Disclaimer: I might be wrong, please correct me.  
IIRC federally all calibers are legal up to. 0.5 in (~12.7 mm) because above that they are considered to be destructive devices unless they have a sporting purpose. Not sure what do you mean by automatic. Semi-automatic guns are legal. Fully automatic rifles are illegal unless registered before the ban.

Now, that’s federal law. But states may have their own weird additional rules.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide