Gun Discussion

RustleRustle
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Battybattybattybatty-
@MagpulPony  
@Zerowinger  
Not encouraging anything, but I personally recommend buying scrap steel and Sten mags in bulk, then picking up a few books.

Y’know, in case you wanna get into metalworking and want some additional light reading.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@RustleRustle

How many times have we been over this? Get a 3D-printer! An FGC-9 is a hell of a lot easier to make than a Sten or a Luty, and arguably a lot more effective as well.

@MagpulPony

Or I don’t know, teaching the police the hard way what “shall not be infringed” means. If enough people do that enough times, then the police will learn to pick their battles, regardless of what the law says, because they didn’t sign up to die fighting pointless causes.
RustleRustle
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Battybattybattybatty-
@Ebalosus  
Excuse you, it’s about the aesthetic, dammit.  
Plus, they can ban 3d printers, but they can’t ban scrap metal and wood!  
…dear fucking lord I hope a Biden admin doesn’t ban 3d printers.
RD4590
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@RustleRustle  
“banning 3D printing”  
Impossible. Big manufactuters like Ford are already experimenting with 3D printing for mass production. Banning it will result in the USA falling back even more in applied engineering and advanced manufacturing.  
But with my knowledge about 3D printing and firearm design I do not recommend you to make your own guns with 3D printer, unless barrel blowing up in your face is one of your fetishes.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Artist -

Fuck Russia
@RD4590  
He meant banning for civilian use. Not on a National level. We have the most advanced technology sectors on earth, we wouldn’t jeopardize it just for that.
Background Pony #5252
@MagpulPony  
Knowing politicians, they might not even ban 3D printers outright (especially if people protest against this), but do something stupid like deciding that a 3D printer becomes illegal once you print firearm parts on it. Or they might demand that slicers contain spyware which sends hashes of printed files to a three letter agency. Etc.
RD4590
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
@Ebalosus  
How many times do I have to tell you metal 3D printing is too expensive for personal use? I know 3D printing can produce these components. It can even print jet turbines that are 5 times stronger for half the weight. But some YouTube maniac’s project doesn’t represent its feasibility in general.  
And I also said before that 3D printing is the future of manufacturing. And manufacturers will adopt it for mass production if they want to remain on top of its game.
Background Pony #5252
@RD4590  
OK, it looks like you misunderstand this. 3D printed guns don’t need to have every single element 3D printed. You 3D print the plastic parts only. The metal parts of the gun are not 3D printed. The barrel for example is just a piece of metal pipe that is rifled using electrochemical machining. (See this article for example .)

@RD4590  
Slicers are software, not hardware. And some of them are open-source, meaning any backdoors can be found by auditing the publicly available source code.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I was looking through my Punisher comics and was curious,is the gun here based off any particular model?full  
I know later comics usually used real life reference,but this was his first appearance in Spider-Man. Possibly it’s just a fantasy version of some kind of machine gun?  
I’m also curious about this one:  
full  
It’s one of the most famous covers,and I wondered if the gun he’s holding was based in reality?
Background Pony #5252
@Dex Stewart  
The first one seems fantasy to me, but I might be wrong. Some real life guns also look fantasy - just watch Forgotten Weapons some time.

The latter one looks like some AR-10 (or perhaps AR-15) variant. Look at the receiver: the dust cover, forward assist, the mag…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide