Gun Discussion

Forums » Generals » Gun Discussion Search Posts
Started by Background Pony #D758
Posted
2722 replies
Subscribe
Background Pony #5252
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Yeah, especially the ones with Polish markings are worth a lot. During the war Germans took over the factory and decided to continue the production because they liked the Vis pistols. But they changed the markings and as the war went on they lowered the quality and even omitted certain parts, so late war production Vis pistols are worth the least.

And yes, FB decided to name their new pistol after the WW2 one. I think this is stupid as these two models are unrelated.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ollo crew rejoice!
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

They’ve been talking about that since the 80’s. The problem is that besides desert combat, a lot of soldiers tend to like the M4 in terms of usability. Hell, NZ switched to AR-alike from LMT from the Steyrs because of how good that style of rifle is.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Ollo crew rejoice!
@MagpulPony

I know.

@Zerowinger

5.56 doesn’t shoot far enough. It was designed for urban and forest combat against the Soviet Union in Europe, not long-range encounters that you’d find in the middle-east. Because the US military’s logistics situation is difficult enough, they want everyone to move to the same cartridge for the next service rifles, which given the size of the US military, makes a lot of sense.
Background Pony #AC48
@Ebalosus
Of course, it can be argued that the problem in A'stan is politically mandated rules of engagement rather than any deficiency in the tools. When a unit takes harassing fire from distances outside the effective range of small arms, yet is not allowed to call for artillery or air support due to restrictive ROE… that's not a rifle problem, it's an ROE problem.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - /dis/the-downfall-of-bhaalspawn-contains-possible-sjw-discussions/ - Not the best thread to have your name on...

Pomegranates :P
@Zerowinger
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@Ebalosus

@MagpulPony

The ultimate question that's always going to come up is "why?" What significant advantage would other platforms offer over the M4 that would justify spending hundreds of millions or more in not only replacing the rifles but also the entire M4 parts supply chain with a new weapon?

Perhaps they could consider design with interchangeable parts?
Not saying they should completely pull the m4 out of service. Maybe keep it on the side for certain situations and reserves.
Background Pony #679E
I have an Italian SAA clone in .357 Magnum. I thought SAA types generally shot very low and were supposed to be zeroed by filing down the front sight until the point of impact rose to the desired point. This one shoots way high and way left—2" or so at ten yards. It does this with every type of ammo I've tried, from stout American Eagle 158gr .357 Mag softpoints to .38 Special wadcutters.

Wat do?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furbooru - A furry-centric imageboard

Derpibooru costs over $25 a day to operate - help support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: *bold* _italic_ [spoiler]hide text[/spoiler] @code@ +underline+ -strike- ^sup^ ~sub~