Gun Discussion

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Fictional Guns from Anime

FN F2000/P90 Hybrid Rifle (Appleseed Alpha)  
full

Seburo C-26A (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)  
full

Hellsing Arms .454 Casull & Jackal (Hellsing Ultimate)  
full  
full

Dominator (Psycho-Pass)  
full

Schrödinger (Ghost in the Shell: Arise)  
full
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@NitroFury

I know, hence why a lot of 10mm designs use delayed blowback, most often radial-delayed, in order to make the operating system function better, smoother, and more safely.

It’s why if I wanted an FGC-10, I’d need to also design a delaying mechanism in order to make it easier and safer to use.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Submachine Guns of WWII

STEN Gun (United Kingdom)  
full

Thompson Submachine Gun (United States)  
full

PPSh-41 (Soviet Union)  
full

MP40 (Nazi Germany)  
full

Type 100 Submachine Gun (Japan)  
full

Beretta Model 38A (Italy)  
full
Background Pony #7A9D
@NitroFury  
Nice.

During the war the Russians also made use of the Sudaev PPS43, which they standardized after the war. Americans are more familiar with the Shpagin type 1941 design, I think, because of Soviet newsreels made during the war, and the fact that after the war they were given away as military aid and millions ended up in places like Korea and Vietnam.

full

This one was captured on the Eastern Front and converted to 9mm, using MP40 magazines:

full

The folding stock folds over the top, oddly enough.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@NitroFury

They could be, but have been mostly used on higher-pressure pistol calibers for the reasons I discussed above. Given the radial-delaying systems currently available, I don’t think they would work that well above intermediate cartridges, as you’d be putting a lot of pressure on either the locking mechanism or the front trunnion.

It’s not a problem specific to radial-delaying, but to delayed-blowback in general, as it’s a tradeoff between firepower and mechanical (and therefore manufacturing) complexity. There’s a reason that gas piston systems prevail in rifle-caliber cartridges after all.
NitroFury
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Assault Rifles of the Cold War (1947 to 1991)

AK-47, AKM, and AK-74 (Soviet Union)  
full  
full  
full

Type 56 Assault Rifle (China)  
full  
full

Type 58 Assault Rifle (North Korea)  
full

MPi-KM-72 (East Germany)  
full  
full

M16 (United States)  
full

Steyr AUG A1 (Austria)  
full

Original SA80 L85A1 (United Kingdom)  
full

H&K G11 (West Germany)(CANCELLED PROJECT)  
full

Leader Dynamics Series T2 MK5 (Australia)  
full
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

@NitroFury

All variants of AK-47 appears in GTA games

Original AK: GTA Liberty City Stories, GTA Vice City Stories, GTA IV

Norinco Type 56: GTA San Andreas

Type 58: GTA Chinatown Wars

AKM: GTA V

AK-74: GTA The Lost and Damned

MPi-KM-72 / WASR-2: GTA III

In addition, the American M16 appears in the following: III, San Andreas, Vice City Stories, Chinatown Wars . The III and San Andreas version has an extended 60-round magazine
Background Pony #7A9D
@NitroFury  
Speaking of last-ditch Axis weapons, the Shitosubakurai:

full

It was a hand-held antitank mine on a stick. It killed its user pretty reliably but was only so-so against American tanks.
RustleRustle
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

Battybattybattybatty-
@NitroFury
Speaking of last-ditch Axis weapons, the Shitosubakurai:
full
It was a hand-held antitank mine on a stick. It killed its user pretty reliably but was only so-so against American tanks.

When ‘tenno heika banzai’ is taken to its logical extreme. Fucking bayonet charging tanks.
Background Pony #7A9D
@RustleRustle  
“I told u I was hardcore.” –Japanese soldier, just before the mine detonated, probably, and you’ve got to admit that’s pretty gangster
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide