Gun Discussion

SubaruAnon

With SKS innawoods
full Hit the range again last Sunday and shot about 40 more rounds at 50 yards.

I brought a torso target but the RO made me fold it so there wasn’t a head. I’ve heard of this dumbass rule before but never thought I’d experience it. Like, what’s the point of it?
Background Pony #5252
@SubaruAnon  
Are you from Germany? I heard their law forbids shooting at human-shaped targets. And to shoot at animal-shaped targets you have to be a hunter IIRC.
Iamunknown
"Fuck TSP" Tombstone - For supporting the site
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! -

TSP = AFU
I’ve been to ranges where they frowned on Mozambique drills, but having to fold down the heads? That’s… odd.

Were they realistic human targets, or just silhouettes? @SubaruAnon
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
full  
From my understanding, the 6.8 SPC round is suppose to give you the best of both worlds, the high muzzle velocity of the 5.56 and the punch of the 7.62 AK round.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@NitroFury

My understanding is that it’s got further reach than 5.56, as the latter was envisioned to be used against the Soviets in central and Eastern Europe, rather than in the middle-east. People who have served in Iraq (for example) say that outside of urban warfare in major cities, 5.56 was next to useless at the longer ranges that most engagements entailed.

Funnily enough it makes Iran’s decision to keep using the G3 quite shrewd, since it runs on 7.62mm ammunition.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide