General Anime Thread

DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
I’m glad that Dragon Maid new season is Kyoani back in form but they also are not afraid to make jokes about burning stuff
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
As much as I like following 8 animes in a given season, it feels nice to only follow two anime shows and not having to worry about squeezing four shows in a single day.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Holofan4life  
there’s a reason why 100% of my watchlist this spring was bog-standard isekai works, namely So I’m a Spider and 300 Years killing Slimes.

The latter, I miss so dearly. Don’t know what you got till you lost them, and all that.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

I’m not feeling it.  
the new anime Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness ain’t doing it for me. Leon’s there? Claire’s there? Cool. But it’s bland af. Unsalted kind of bland.

The villains coulda been smarter, the plot twist coulda been twistier, and the action coulda been more intense. The scares? NON-EXISTENT. The whole theme of the series is on the propagation of fear and terror. Well, the audience ain’t scared, bruv!

The scariest couple of minutes was Claire investigating the suicide of the survivor of a spec-ops team. Why not make everything like that?

Netflix’s KINGDOM was to date the scariest Zombie shit I’ve watched because you can SEE the fear expressed in the characters’ demeanor and decision making; even when they’re badasses who can Doom Slayer zombies to hell and back.

RE please. Just because ya boys and girls are practically superpowered John Wick you gotta give us something to scare us with.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
As much as I like following 8 animes in a given season, it feels nice to only follow two anime shows and not having to worry about squeezing four shows in a single day.

I just gave up on seasonals entirely a few years ago. I don’t think watching stuff weekly has any real benefit other than staying topical and relevant, making it easier to find people to talk about this shit with. Never had any issues with just talking about whatever I feel like, so that doesn’t do shit for me.

Watching whatever I want, whenever I want, if I even feel like watching anything in the first place. No pressure. No schedules. All free. Not paying attention to what’s airing and going back to watch stuff that’s already completed was a great move.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@ghostfacekiller39  
I literally can’t do seasonal anime at the pace I watch. The only ones I could do right now are ones that I’m either severely behind on (My Hero Academia), or ones that are locked behind Netflix jail (Edens Zero, Shaman King).
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@tehwatever
I mean RE has been more action horror than anything. As long as it has that then it passes. That said though on a scale between Vendetta to Degeneration to Damnation, how does it compare?
I’ll take Vendetta’s dumbshit John Wick zombie slaying fun and Chris Redfield’s MMA with Guns over the any of the bland action we seen in Infinite Darkness. In Damnation there is the dumbshit Ada Wong vs Russian milf Spetznaz Martial Arts Instructor scene which was also pretty freaking rad.

Claire x Leon has more shipping fuel in degenerate than in Infinite Darkness.

Besides prettier graphics (and prettier Leon) Imma put Infinite Darkness to be the worst, least enjoyable entry on the RE CG Cinematic Universe.

Boring af.

I’d rather watch Ethan pour goop juice on his arms over and over, than pretend to think Infinite Darkness was good. It was mediocre and serviceable, at best.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@ichiban iceychan 1517

All the cgi films are canon to the games, yes. They’re just standalone stories that also take place in continuity. I’m assuming Infinite Darkness is as well.

As an aside, I’m loving the attention to detail. The bits where the Secret Service are constantly “blinking” their flashlights is something I learned to do back during my Criminal Justice classes.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@tehwatever

Only the first episode so far.

It alright. I mean, first episodes are always slow so it’s only uphill from here right?

The only issue I really have is that this is like the second time the president has been under threat of zombies. Granted after looking up RE 6 again that happened elsewhere so this is the only time the White House has been hit, so okay. Also while that first zombie encounter was appropriately tense, and What’s-His-Name was surprisingly not Redshirted, him somehow judo flipping the zombie up into the chandelier pulled me from the moment. The zombie then knee-walking over to him was oddly terrifying despite the narm, especially as he unloaded an entire clip into it. And then the moment was undone when Leon shows up and one-shots the thing, because he’s got Hero status so of course he godmodes the moment.

That’s a lot to talk about for that one moment but frankly that was the standout scene of the episode. As far as expectations go, I consider Damnation to be the best RE film (live action or cgi), so if the other episodes can measure up to it then gold. On the other hand I consider Vendetta to be the nadir of RE films (live action or cgi), so hopefully it beats out that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide