General Anime Thread

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Holofan4life  
Here’ hoping.  
The anime seems to be received well enough to be profitable, enough to make a 2nd season (considering their production cost, I IMAGINE, was not astronomically high. Like I said, the anime is half the time still images and half the animations are 12 frames per second, and the anime was only running for one cour)
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Godzilla Singular Point.

Godzilla first shows up at the end of the 3rd episode, and as a red whale crocodile thing.

Weird flex but okay.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Last week BDs sales (21-27th June 2021)

1 Uma Musume 2nd season Vol.2 - 150,390 copies

2 KnY Movie - 38,405 Total : 389,731

3 Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Vol.7 - 16,768

4 KnY Movie (Limited Edition) - 16,221 Total : 354,237

5 Jujutsu Kaisen Vol.6 - 13,949

6 Zombie Land Saga Revenge Vol.1 - 6,925

7 Mo Dao Zu Shi Cloud Edition - 5,609

8 Uma Musume 2nd season Vol.1 - 4,838 Total :184,803

9 Sk8 Vol.4. - 4,707

10 Fate/Grand Carnival 1st Season - 4,651 Total : 26,619

11 Mushoku Tensei Vol. 2 - 4,053

12 New Prince of Tennis Hyotei vs Rikkai Game of Future - 2,493

13 Tsukiuta. The Animation Vol.4 - 1,486

14 Fruits Basket: The Final Vol.1 - 1,452

15 Horimiya Vol.5 - 1,431

16 Tensura Nikki: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Vol.1 - 1,383

17 Isekai Maou Season Vol.1 - 1,083

19 Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Vol.1 - 627
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
After years of being at the top, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is no longer #1 on MyAnimeList. It’s been dethroned by Fruits Basket season 3.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

A manga called Isekai Tenseisha Koroshi got cancelled after one chapter.

The manga centers around an MC who is going on a rampage against reincarnated isekai ppl in his world.

The catch? These isekai characters look like isekai characters from popular isekai works.

So the publication pulled the plug after one chapter, citing that these characters bear resemblance to other works with the intention to degrade / insult them.

Aaand japanese weeb netizens also took note of this and demanded an apology from the author.

You might wanna go Indie, my bru.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
I’m okay with dick moves if they layer it with irony and subtlety so thick it went unnoticed for far too long before ppl realize and went “Wait, it’s all been X?” “Always has been.” I would at least respect the artistry in it.

But if you wanna be blatant about it then make sure you either slap a PARODY label on it, to lessen the heat coming your way

or have enough ppl back you up because you know you’re gonna get jumped.

Getting cancelled after one chapter meant he wasnt being subtle.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
I mean, it’s not surprising. People who piss and moan about isekai tend to be way more annoying and overbearing about it than the actual presence of the genre could match. This could probably have significant appeal to that type of fan, given their entire identity as an anime fan is whining about isekai’s existence and trying to one up each other in having the most angry, hyperbolic anti-isekai take. WAAAAAAAAAAH THERE WERE 60 ANIME RELEASED THIS SEASON AND 4 OF THEM WERE ISEKAI LN ADAPTATIONS BASICALLY NOTHING ELSE EVEN ON ANYMORE SMH ANIME IS DEAD

Most annoying thing about these people is the complete inability to listen to reason. I don’t fucking like isekai either, but I remember me and a couple of my friends got so fed up with them on MAL we literally sat there and did the math - took a list of isekai from 2000 onwards, used the MAL DB to count the total of TV anime released every season starting at winter 2000, and added all of that up for our post. We came out to like, a little over 2% of the entire output. People act like it’s more than 50%, like it’s some unavoidable entity, and it’s incredibly easy to avoid. The reason it’s so present in places like forums is pretty much entirely because of the people who won’t shut the fuck up about how prominent it supposedly is.

Of course, we posted it and the immediate reaction was something like “Ok but it’s been way more prominent after a certain year so our point still counts.” Rubbed my temples and pointed out how it’s still a significant minority of the entire output even in the boom years and beyond. They got mad. Great interaction. I ended up badgering the guy about both his shitty isekai and his shitty ecchi takes for so long after that, he wrote me this gem. He deleted his MAL not long after, so I can strike that down on my online kill count, I guess.

So help me god, every time we get our daily OMG ISEKAI BAD regurgitated, derivative thread on AD, I feel like taking a fork to my eyes. The best thing these people can do to help society is probably just crawl back into their mother’s womb so she can have a second shot at an abortion. Just blegh. That opinion’s ranks are filled with the lowest type of person humanity can offer - those who are incapable of thinking for themselves, and so adopt safe stances to an unnecessarily strong degree to try to play in the attention olympics. Deaf, blind, dumb and born to follow.

Didn’t even fuckin’ start with Isekai, either. I remember when it was magic high schools. Before that, it was ecchi. Before that, it was CGDCT. People just move on to whatever they think is trendy and bitch endlessly about it getting a couple of anime per season, and they never question it or look into its presence or make any attempt to inform themselves beyond being REALLY FUCKING LOUD about how they don’t like the current trend. Fuckin’ christ.

Anyway, yeah, if it wasn’t obvious, I don’t like that idea. I’m so tired of people who act like that. They’re sanity vampires.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
@DeathCloud  
You mean western-Tolkien inspired fantasy with an anime/manga aesthetic, which, barring the aesthetic bit, is fucking global in scale and you can find comparable settings to suit your taste from any-fucking-where. Mind you, said taste being something as pointless as whether the MC is Alice in Wonderland-ed over there or if they’re natively from there, which will have minimal to no effect on aspects like worldbuilding and setting - which is precisely what you’re getting hung up on here about Isekai in anime/manga, supposedly. Their prominence in Fantasy settings.

Yawn. Bad take is bad.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Don’t  
Also people keep bringing up boys and similar why using characters parody is fine. Super heroes are bigger cultural icons than isekai char and there are plenty of copies and parodies already, in past that was issue what led many lawsuits, its to expect that companies and authors behind chars in that isekai parody would be defensive
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide