General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I highly recommend reading the latest chapter of 100 Kanojo. It perfectly encapsulates why I love tsunderes so much.

To be honest, I feel a bit jealous reading the chapter. It feel it kind of invalidates what I’ve written. I’ve wrote two light novels that revolve around deconstructing the tsundere archetype and exploring the insecure side of tsunderes. And the latest chapter of 100 Kanojo blows everything I’ve written out of the water.

I cannot recommend enough 100 Kanojo. It really does an outstanding, phenomenal job explaining why I think tsunderes are so cute and deserve all the love in the world.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart  
I like the dub over the original because of that. Absolute TOP TIER writing.

Apocalymon: “Sileeeence! Who’s telling the story anyway, me or you?!”  
Matt: annoyed “Jeez, alright! go ahead!”

Sora: “You’re entirely made up of grief and sorrow, how sad of you”  
Apocalymon: “Sure, rub it in.”

Apocalymon “Answer me this: Why do you all get the pizza, while I get the crust!”  
Mimi: “Argh! I can’t deal with these metaphors!”

Apocalymon, laughing at the thought of defeating the Digi-Destined: “AHAHAHAHA! AH wait a minute, what am I laughing at? I’m supposed to be DEPRESSED!”

I wish I had this version growing up.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@tehwatever  
A few things were actually improved,like Wizardmon just being neglected and ignored instead of being a drunk.  
Or the time the kids hitched a ride with a weirdo was changed to they hitched a ride with a weirdo who was also a relative.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

judging from the preview, looks like KumoDesu ep8 will introduce Kumoko’s third mind, the one with the wizard hat seen in the ending song.

…**hoodie glasses when. WHEN?!**
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Why is hardly anybody talking about Uma Musume? The second season has been so phenomenal. For a show about horse girls, it is so much better than it has any right to be.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
@Random-Rambling  
The second season skipped over 60 chapters. They also skipped what most fans consider the second best arc in the entire series.

The first three episodes of season 2 were good, but once they started skipping whole entire volumes it just falls off a cliff. I still enjoy it, but as an anime only even I can tell the pacing issues are pretty bad.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Here’s the reality of the situation about The Promised Neverland season 2. I’m an anime only fan. I have not read any of the manga. As such, I can sit here and say that I don’t think the anime is the absolute worst. I really like the stuff with Emma and the moral dilemma she’s experiencing. I feel that is compelling writing. And while I don’t deny the manga probably did it better, I think this has been the best part of the anime.

However, if it’s clear to an anime only fan that something is amiss, and that an anime only fan can tell you have some major pacing issues, you’ve done screwed up. I’m one of the few people who enjoys the second half of A Certain Scientific Railgun season 2. Hell, I even really liked Kemono Friends season 2. This honestly feels worse than both of them. For all the problems those two series endured, and for me to like them far more than this second season of The Promised Neverland, you done fucked up.

Like I said, I still am enjoying the series. It is a far cry from what it used to be, but I still like it. But as someone who not only is an anime only fan, but pretty much enjoys pretty much most things I watch, the fact that even I can tell there are some major pacing issues is a huge red flag.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide