General Anime Thread

DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
I find it funny how people accuse Goblin Slayer of being Mary Sue while author actually introduced actual mary sue hero
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@DeathCloud  
wait, which one? I’m not familiar with all the heroes of Goblin Slayer. There’s the usual party members aka the priestess, the archer elf, the dwarf, my favorite lizard bro and the slayer of all goblins himself.

there’s that GUTS looking brodude, his thicc sorceress girlfriend, the questgiver girl, the waitress, the pure wholesome farmgirl who is most likely gonna take GS’ virginity, and then there’s the no-longer-virgin hottest blonde woman in all of anime.

There is that new fencer girl who just recently got raped by goblins and joined GS’ party…
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@tehwatever  
Haruhi  
full  
Her role in manga and anime is reduced to just cameo but apparently in LN and WN she is have her own chapters in each volume where she is big contrast with protagonist with how she effortlessly beat anything
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@DeathCloud  
I like her much better already. I never read the LN and WN so I wouldn’t know.  
Anyway What’s her name? I need her in my life.  
I prefer flat out, blatant unapologetic SUE characters than a character tailor made to suit an audience, but also spliced in with self-insert…

HARUHI?  
As in…SUZUMIYA? She’s GOD! What’d you expect?!
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@tehwatever  
She do not have name just like everybody else in this. She is just refereed as The Hero or Chosen Hero Haruhi is just inspiration for her design and thats why fans call her that way, just like Guts, Lancer and others  
Did you actually seen GS anime or read manga?  
But I question why would you if you dislike very core concept of it
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@DeathCloud  
I read (past tense) the manga yeap. Anime watched it as well.

I don’t dislike the concept of an evil race of barbaric, unintelligible, long nosed, exotic assholes who ruins the lives of europeans (or what I assume is some anachronistic nondescript european setting) and rape their white what I assume to be mostly fair-skinned women. I don’t dislike the concept of a stupid midgety ugly bastard who is weak and rely on great numbers to overwhelm you and fuck up your day.

I just don’t vibe with the protagonist. He seems to be someone’s ideal motherfucker, complete with ideal wife materials. Nevermind the fact that there exists an actual walking one-woman-invincible-army.  
Your Goblin Slayer there, embodies a fetish that is absolutely irresistible for every one on this planet, namely: Hard Work and dedication. Your boi GS is a hard working, honest, pragmatic, cunning, asexual, non-racist, non-sexist workaholic, handsome dude who somehow endears people through ACTION. He’s picture perfect!

Now I’m not against hard work and dedication, I’m just wondering if GS is a product of satire considering how amazingly normal that guy is.

To note: I don’t hate the series. I like it. the girls are cute as per anime standard and considering I love hentai, it’s a plus, seeing them naked (raped or otherwise). I like the camaraderie between the main party members and the humors hit more than miss. Your boi GS has a super dry sense of humor, and I sometimes wonder if he actually is smirking under that helmet. Half the time the manga is cute, when it’s just goofing around.

But then stuff keeps popping up that reminds me why I got major beef with the way the narrative seem to put our boi on some pedestal.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
The change I’d like to see from GS is when he’s having an actual crisis of faith, when he’s absolutely unsure of himself, and not just unsure about whether he could complete an objective or finding the values of friendship. I want him to go “should I even be killing gobs, yo? should I just like, marry one of them girls and not leave em hanging? what am I doing with my life” kinda deal.

GS has had something like an epiphany when he passed out after surviving that giant ogre fight by the skin of his teeth. He realized that having backup, having allies, is actually a good thing, even if he initially hates the idea of putting anybody else in danger from goblins.

As for the “should I even be killing gobs” bit, I think that was addressed in literally the first or second episode. Priestess asks him “What if there are good goblins, but you kill them anyway just because they’re goblins?” GS replies that he knows that there might be good goblins out there somewhere, but he’s not willing to take that chance since the vast majority of goblinkind do nothing but murder and rape. Every goblin that isn’t dead is another goblin that might kill an innocent person.

His entire family and most of his hometown were killed and destroyed by goblins. He has decided that his entire purpose in life is to make sure this never happens to anyone else ever again.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Random-Rambling  
Not enough. It’s not an identity crisis. It’s not a crisis that really shook him to the core. Despite it being a real traumatic experience, we never seen his conviction waver. IMO the dude at the moment is just consumed with blind hatred. THAT I’m okay with. That is a character flaw we can work to fixing. But for the narrative to support his genocide and use that hatred as justification…emh. 2edgy5me.

I know he had that thought where he considered if there’s some good goblins out there, and it was appropriate that the cinnamon bun priestess pointed it out to him. She’s his moral anchor and I appreciate it. Here’s the problem: He soon dismissed the idea. The only good goblin is a dead goblin kinda thing.

I’m NOT okay with the narrative supporting our murderous MC and plays it seriously. For the lulz I’m okay, ironically I’m okay. If they at least have some sympathy for our MC’s victims however little, I’m okay.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I mean, later on GS fights a Goblin Paladin. A legit, smart as a human goblin with the blessing of the gods who can instill comradery in the rest of the otherwise murder-happy goblins. And even that Goblin Paladin is still very much on the side of “Goblin = not kill, Not Goblin = kill”.

So yeah.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Here’ what I wished I had from our Boi, or at least from the GS series in general.

When GS did his meme-worthy “only good gob is dead gob” quote, juxtapose it with an actual good goblin, an existing good goblin, a goblin chilling, or at least not being a fucker. Make the audience question the validity of our boi’s revenge driven quest. Have us question if he’s doing the right thing, rather than the correct thing. If you can’t give crisis to the GS then have the audience suspect the GS.

But NO, the narrative reminds us over and over again that GS is right. THAT I’m a bit iffy about. That feels like reddit circlejerk to me.

Look, if he turns out to be a a joke character, like I suspect he is, then I’ll enjoy his character a lot more. BRO lemme tell you that I LIKE, Goblin Slayer’s chill moments, where his super dry humor and super frustrating oblivious to love MC shenanigan lands him in awkward hilarious moments with his frustrated but also caring pals. I love the quiet somber moments when GS shows chinks in his Beskar armor.

But when the series goes full on screaming how amazing and righteous and you should totally support this tragic dude killing an entire group of other evil dudes, then I usually would be like “would you please stfu.”
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Dustcan  
See what I mean? I as a person have major trust issues with characters so when I have a deadass pure and good boi like our GS here I’m SUS AS HELL. I’m even MORE SUS, when the entire world proves it to me HOW GOOD AND PURE the boi is. I’m like “Please let this be a joke”

I’m okay with completely evil vs pure / pragmatic good, but, ironicially, or for comedic value, or for the memes, or for the entertainment. But these anime have a tendency to…over-dramaticize something, and puts what I consider should have been bullshit into serious territory. Same deal with K-Drama now that I think about it…Hm…
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

What I want from Goblin Slayer.  
I want him question his own conviction. I want him tired. I want him fucking up so bad he went “Have I been wrong this entire time?” not from a practical point of view, but from a deep, identity crisis.

The best kind of crisis would be if he shirk his name sake. When the Bounty Hunter saves his target and went above and beyond to protect them, kinda moment. What if the Goblin Slayer, saved a Goblin. THAT. Is the moment I’ll be waiting for. When he’s like “I just did to your evil race what you did to my people” kind of epiphany, and genuinely considered retiring.

I also want characters to stop working with him until he marry at least one of these fine lass. I want Lizard Boi to sit him down, calmly demand that he reciprocate their feelings and refuse to take on missions with him until he does.

Like, an intervention.

GS asks for something–someone comes up and be like “not until you write her a letter.” GS asks for quest from guild girl–then another girl be like “not until you tell her what now, with you and her.” Gimme dat shit. I want GS to suffer, mentally suffocated, from all these people pressurizing him to just. marry. one of them. please.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I’m aware of his actual game with the ladies tho. It’s not like he’s that dense. The carnival moments are my absolute favorite. Him and Farmgirl is super cute. Him and questgiver girl is also cute. He’s a nice dude and so it’s frustrating to see him not do that very often. Once again, my fave moments of the GS is ironically, when he’s not slaying goblins.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I just finished watching Digimon Adventure Last Evolution Kizuna.  
It was better than Tri. Not a very good movie,but it was okay. Ending was weird.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide