General Anime Thread

Background Pony #9467
@Penguin Dragneel

Wow. What’s so bad about it? Let me read the descript… ion…

….WTF?!

Wow. Everything I’ve read about this show just screams this:  
full
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
I don’t want to bring vtubers here but Nadeshiko old friend introduced in last Yuru Camp episode is like Okayu while Nadeshiko is like Korone in this dynamic
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Yeap. I agree. Revenge of Healer is literal rape hentai with a plot.

I’m not complaining.

AND I think the MC is better than our boi Goblin Slayer because Our MC had to actively make his harem. Yes he raped them but hey, at least he put some effort.

Meanwhile our Mando-looking GobSlay here just have women fall for him and wanting his d–friendship just because [read it in Nolan’s Batman voice] “I kill Goblins” and generally be a good guy, despite his extremely pragmatic and asexual behavior.

I hate that type of character.

So I will say, without irony, that I think Healer Hero raping girls then literally brainwash and reprogramming them into becoming his bitch is much more deserving.

Dude went to practically almost kill himself everytime he tryna expand his harem. In a neoliberal meritocratic sense, dude’s earned it.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Penguin Dragneel
From what I heard, makes Goblin Slayer look like MLP.

At least with Goblin Slayer, you can feel confident that, yes, goblins are indeed utterly vile and the world would be better if they were all exterminated.

But what do.you do if EVERY character is a “goblin”?
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Random-Rambling

The only good goblins are dead goblins. So you go and make those goblins GOOD

@tehwatever

Disagree. Mostly because the harem isn’t even an aspect of the series since the girls going after him are not on his party (sans priestess though she has the MC syndrome).

On top of the story ackowledging that he has no intention on acting on it due to being consumed by his trauma and the entire objective is to merely see if they can salvage again defeating the point of a harem where the MC is aware of everyone wanting to get on their pants yet being a bitch about it.

If we counted every ignorant MC as a harem MC every Battle Manga WOULD BE HAREM
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@QuasarNova  
Ye i know. I’m just frustrated looking at GobSlay because he’s…what I’d call TOO GOOD. Not in the OP sense but in the borderline Stu sense.

A Gary Stu for me, is not a power level thing, but it’s when the story doesn’t challenge the Stu’s being. The Stu is always eventually right and the story rarely put him into a crisis that makes him question whether or not the path he’s going is even right.

GobSlay is THAT. Furthermore He’s apparently handsome, and is an object of admiration of the most beautiful women in town, and generally the coolest chap on the planet. That’s not okay. That’s borderline satire. GS feels like someone’s self insert. It feels like a self-indulgent fantasy.

Healer Hero is the same, but Healer Hero is a rapist goddamn fucking monster, and his victims are too. I dont mind an evil Gary Stu when the meta narrative is that: our MC is evil but the story keeps giving him the W. It’s admitting that we should NOT relate to any of these mofos and just enjoy the visuals and irony and tragedy. He aint your hero, he’s some asshole who happens to have luck working for him this time. It’s a self-indulgent power fantasy but at least it dont pretend like it’s a good thing.

Imo.

Which is why I find Healer Hero’s hentai harem to be much less frustrating than GobSlay’s Non-Harem. GobSlay is fake humble is what I’m trying to say.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@tehwatever  
GS is not mary sue (most time when character is accused of it its claim to be dismissed anyway), this is low bar to claim somebody mary sue. It don’t even apply to Goblin Slayer, story challenge his methods and actually forced him to change. He was all about being solo, not taking proper care of himself or equipment, setting him for failure if he continued this path, since he would be destroyed if he ever was out of his comfort zone or just ruin himself slowly, what worse it would be just senseless sacrifice leaving goblin again unchecked after he is gone. Only thanks to people around him, this so called “harem” and others. They helped him to survive and life longer and actually allowed him to deal with Goblins treats he was never prepared before.  
If he from begging was somebody who would be willing to make other fight goblin horde with him, somebody who seek teammates to better prepared for new kind of goblins or creatures allied with goblins, maybe you would be right to call him sue  
As complaining that he is handsome - MC of LN, manga, anime is good looking, water is wet
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@NeoEnvy  
full Then Imma keep dis up. I like dis as well.

@DeathCloud

Our boi Healer Hero has the face of a bitch tho. He’s not attractive to us, nor is he attractive to others. He had to rape and brainwash his harem. If it wasn’t for the fact that his jizz gives everybody instant-healing and buffs nobody would find him anything but a plain looking mofo.

What I mean is that, in-Universe everybody admits GS is good looking. For example, we know GRIFFITH from Berserk is Jesus Tier in good looks and the author had everybody comment how angelic the bastard is. GUTS on the other hand, he looks good, he buff, he handsome when not angry, he cool, but outside of a certain few, only ppl who is already enamored by his character and strength find him relatlively handsome.

Pedro Pascal is handsome af but when he took his helmet off, does everybody go “holy shit this nibba fine”? Not really. When GS took his helmet off, errbody be like “Yo he actually pretty good looking.” I KNOW it’s mostly played for a joke but I still see it like unnecessary buff to his already likable personality.

The change I’d like to see from GS is when he’s having an actual crisis of faith, when he’s absolutely unsure of himself, and not just unsure about whether he could complete an objective or finding the values of friendship. I want him to go “should I even be killing gobs, yo? should I just like, marry one of them girls and not leave em hanging? what am I doing with my life” kinda deal.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
One thing is for sure, hentais like redo healer and species reviewer slipping through means the anime adaptation of the Monster Girl Encyclopedia can only be days away!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide