General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I want to talk about Gabi from Attack On Titan for a second.

Putting aside us knowing Sasha is a good person, look at it from Gabi’s perspective. Sasha killed two of her guard friends. I would be mad just like Gabi was.

I assume something is gonna happen between Gabi and Sasha, but if I was in Gabi’s shoes, knowing nothing about Sasha, I would kill her after seeing her kill two of my friends. Because fuck you for killing two of my friends. As far as I’m concerned, that’s self-defense, because you may try to kill me next.

‘Course, I would never kill someone in real life. That’s against the law, and I would never do something so heinous. My point is that I understand why Gabi is frustrated and I can easily see me being in her shoes.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Holofan4life  
Ey man.  
Nobody could seriously be hating on Gabi’s character just because she whacked Sasha, man. I didn’t hate her coz she shot our Patata girl. The hate towards her character was because they thought she was gonna be the new main character.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

How the fuck do you even promote anti-fapping when you make anthro cells to have big titties? MAKES NO SENSE! That shit is like a mixed signal!  
You be like: “Daaamn! she hella thick and she shows cleavage 100% of the time” and then have the message of the show be like “don’t fap”

WHAT. WHY?
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Listen. I don’t know how they made it into my YT recommendation, because I swear I never in my life watched Yugioh Arc-V.

But I’m not complaining. Them TYLER SISTERS be making my deck size grow to 80 cards.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@tehwatever  
In all honesty, I don’t think the show was intentionally promoting anti masturbation. I think the creator went “How would white blood cells react if they were actual people?” And yeah. They would probably be outraged because of all their hard work going to waste.

It’s like doing a movie from the perspective of the Nazis. Just because the movie is showcasing their beliefs doesn’t mean it’s true or that the creator is a Nazi sympathizer.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Holofan4life  
No yeah I understand, it’s just that I generally get a mixed signal when a show tryna make a poignant message but their characters are inviting me to do the opposite of said message.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I just found out about this manga called My Brother’s Husband. It’s interesting to see a manga series tackle homosexuality and the homophobia prevalent in Japan.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
@Holofan4life
I am not joking when I tell you that my gay housemate has an actual goddamn physical copy of the book in his room.
Didn’t think too much of it. Is it actually good? I might just ask to borrow it, if really good.

I haven’t read it myself, but apparently the creator is openly gay. Gengoroh Tagame created it, and he based the series on his difficulties of being homosexual and living in Japan.
Background Pony #9467
One of my favorite scenes in Clannad, mainly because I can’t stand Kyou at all, so seeing her miserable brings me joy.  
full
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
I just saw Burn the Witch.

I know I’m incredibly predictable, but writing in a massive, intentional anti-climax to sell how powerful a heroic character is will never not get on my nerves at least a little bit. Especially when it’s the end of the season.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide