General Anime Thread

ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
If Little Witch Academia and The Owl House had a crossover, who would Sucy get along with? Luz would be with Akko, and Amity would be with Diana, that and they’re all witch related.
Background Pony #FC8D
As much flack as 4Kids gets, they were a lot of people’s first exposure to anime.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@Dex Stewart  
They actually left Shaman King alone for the most part. Aside from the blood and sex edits, it got surprisingly violent for what their dubs usually do, and it was rather faithful to the original.

Unfortunately, the backlash the dub got from parents led to them avoiding this tactic for the rest of their duration, which led into their dub of… sigh… One Piece.
Background Pony #65C9
@NeoEnvy  
Most of the confirmed cast so far is also the same as the original anime. Yoh’s the notable exception, since his original seiyuu has retired, so he’s getting recast with Yoko Hikasa.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Penguin Dragneel  
Even with One Piece,they made some good choices,like the voice cast. Even now,alot of fans wish Zolo’s VA was the 4kids one. And I like Zolo better than Zoro.  
They also had two episodes that were competently fine,though one has a bizzarely nonsensical ending.full  
This dude’s episode actually kept a gun in it. He shoots Luffy! They kept that! Weird.  
full  
This episode is the one with the weird ending. They aren’t allowed to say the girl died from a fall,so they say she was ambushed and vaguely imply she’s paralyzed or in a coma or something. It’s too bad,this was a favorite of mine from the manga,so when I first saw it I thought it was cool. But that ending…
Background Pony #65C9
@Dex Stewart  
Marc Diraison was one of the few good performances in the 4Kids dub. Its commendable that he was able to still do so through that when even some of their best VAs like Veronica Taylor, Lisa Ortiz, and Jason Griffith surprisingly did lackluster compared to most of their other performances.
Background Pony #65C9
@NeoEnvy  
I remember when Toonami aired weekdays and had Saturday Morning and evening blocks.

And there was Cartoon Network’s Saturday Video Entertainment System, which was Toonami in all but name, except they actually featured the openings the Toonami broadcasts cut.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide