General Anime Thread

Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@QuasarNova  
Alright then.

These first few episodes have been… Good. It’s entertaining enough. I know the show’s gonna go in an interesting direction around episode 20, so I’m holding out until then to give out my full thoughts.

The dub is pretty rough though. You can tell this was the early days of English Dubs being treated with care and respect.

(Apparently CARL MACEK, the dude who butchered many anime, worked on these first few episodes, so yeah)
TenaciousDreamer2nd

Trying Chivalry of a Failed Knight out.

Looks like a fairly typical setup. Protagonist everyone considers a loser but has some hidden potential to him. Our typical tsundere heroine who has feelings for him but can’t spit it out. Wonder how long they drag the whole BST ou–

Wait, what?!

They hooked up four episodes in!?
CalypsoFantasy

Pre-1932 US car fan
Started watching Midori no Makibao, which seems to be a big thing in Japan and Southeast Asia, but completely unknown in the West.  
Apparently it never came to the West because of the most bullshit reason ever:  
First graders dealing with horse racing. I mean, we have suggested gambling in Viva Las Pegasus. Why is this such a problem? It’s not hentai or even lolicon, heck, it was even awarded best children’s anime in 1997.  
I copied the Chinese subtitles of the first episode from the source I watched and plan to translate them to English and provide to YouTube.
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
I dont understand why Gintama made a movie based on an episode. Literally I dont see any difference between both, except maybe the movie have more quality in animation.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide