General Anime Thread

Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
I don’t watch Baki but what the author did to Muhammad Alai Jr. was so disappointing. This guy is a top-tier fighter but he keeps getting punked on because who the fuck knows.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Scrabbleman  
It’s like having Krillin or Yamcha take on Goku in a tournament and stand chance.

I haven’t watched it either, but how there’s a symbolism of “Life or Death” in these fights Ali Jr. comes from fighting being a sport. It’s an athlete going up against assassins, no matter what, he didn’t stand a chance.

Not everyone is going to have a fairytale ending(Look at Rock Lee), That’s my takeaway.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Witchblade is not a very good anime, despite good music and massive fan service. Especially in the first episodes I had the impression that someone here is experiencing a few very skurille fetishes. And it is also a pity that the anime does not make any reference to the manga Witchblade Takeru.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Scrabbleman  
I know, but even his dad kicked his ass. It showed he was not ready for Baki and he went in pretty much knowing that, And Baki didn’t want to go easy on him.

@DarkObsidian  
Neither was the live action series. I remember they were pimping it around the time the new Highlander was floundering.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
One of the reasons I love tsunderes so much is because I know what it’s like to struggle with your emotions and having difficulty being honest with yourself. I suffer from social anxiety and bipolar disorder as well as bouts of depression, and so do a lot of other tsunderes. So, when I see tsunderes not only struggle with their feelings, but overcome that obstacle and become nicer as a result, it gives me hope that one day I might do the same.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Holofan4life  
People don’t hate tsundere for their emotional problems. They hate tsunderes because they’re always violent and angry at people.

I want a kind tsundere. Is that too much to ask?
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Holofan4life
I always wondered why people hate tsunderes. Because on paper it seems like it’s the perfect character. With emotional depth and struggles. And potentially a pretty complex character.
And man I never tsunderes could actually be relatable in dealing with those issues.
@Holofan4life
People don’t hate tsundere for their emotional problems. They hate tsunderes because they’re always violent and angry at people.
I want a kind tsundere. Is that too much to ask?

Basically. There’s a fine line between understanding and accepting that a tsundere has trouble regulating their emotions…and allowing an abusive bitch to continue their abuse under the guise of “tsundere”.

The tsundere’s primary goal should be to no longer be tsundere: to grow and mature enough as a person to be able to handle their emotions as they come.
aradii

Watching Jujutsu Kaisen, Only two episodes in and I am already hooked,The animation is good, fight scenes are best, soundtrack is good. Didn’t expect it to be this good in the last 2 episode can’t wait for more.  
MAPPA has been doing an awesome job. I’m excited to see the rest of the anime.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Watched the first 2 episodes of Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle.

Not sure how long the joke can go, bjt it’s fun so far.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Hali the Emoji girl

Yes, perhaps it is a little blasphemous, but in my opinion Witchblade is neither fish nor meat. It has neither the charm of Agent Aika, nor the necessary gloom of Elfen Lied or the brutal battle scenes of Hellsing. And this even though the comic original actually had quite some potential. Although I have to admit that I’m not a fan of the comic strip at all.

But that is just my humble opinion. Maybe I had given false hope to this anime. And I’m not a fan of the ending either. But that doesn’t mean you can’t still think Witchblade’s great. In any case, I do not claim infallibility in my critical judgment ;-D

@NeoEnvy

You repeat yourself. Not that it would bother me. ;-)

@Hali the Emoji girl

A pretty awesome soccer manga released between 1981 - 1988 that has had a huge impact on several generations of football fans around the world. Numerous movies and television series have followed with the latest one airing between 2018 and 2019.

Besides, since August 2020 there is a very current videogame about it Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions, which achieved amazingly high critic scores. I personally have not played it yet. I don’t know if I ever will. But you should definitely have seen the anime series once in your life. For this, I actually recommend the 2018 version. At least for newcomers.

Not knowing Tsubasa is like not knowing what Dragonball is. It’s kind of part of world-wide pop culture. ;-)
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG

@Cosmas-the-Explorer

Darker. The 2003 version  
Funnier. Brotherhood  
Better animation. Surprisingly both, there is not a noticeable drop in quality  
Better characters. Brotherhood, definitely

As for which one is the better one, that depends entirely on you, both have their merit

I say watch both, you don’t lose anything
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide