General Anime Thread

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I finally finished One Piece Little Garden arc. It was good but not quite anything emotional or awesome like Arlong Park or Loguetown. But still a nice tale of honor and warriors.

I definitely intend to watch all the Baroque Works saga. So next I have Drum Island. I heard this arc is pretty emotional. I can’t wait to see what the deal is with Chopper.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Unpopular anime opinions by Holofan4life

• Kemono Friends season 2 is excellent and doesn’t deserve the hate it gets.

• The last arc of Railgun season 2 is excellent and does a good job of making Misaka even more likable.

• Cautious Hero is funnier than Konosuba.

• While not as iconic as FLCL, FLCL Alternative is as good if not better than the original. The reason people think Alternative is bad is because of FLCL Progressive, which is mediocre.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
“Oh boy! I really enjoy Devil Is a Part-Timer! I should read the light novels to find out what happens next!”

Finds out about the ending

“Nevermind”
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Unpopular anime opinions by Holofan4life
  • Kemono Friends season 2 is excellent and doesn’t deserve the hate it gets.
  • The last arc of Railgun season 2 is excellent and does a good job of making Misaka even more likable.
  • Cautious Hero is funnier than Konosuba.
  • While not as iconic as FLCL, FLCL Alternative is as good if not better than the original. The reason people think Alternative is bad is because of FLCL Progressive, which is mediocre.

Most anime don’t deserve the hate they get.

Haven’t watched it, so I don’t have an opinion.

Humor is very subjective. KonoSuba is very funny, but it’s very possible to think Cautious Hero is even funnier.

Haven’t watched any FLCL either.

@Holofan4life  
“Oh boy! I really enjoy Devil Is a Part-Timer! I should read the light novels to find out what happens next!”
Finds out about the ending
“Nevermind”

As someone who’s watched the first season of the anime and the first couple of light novels, I’m REALLY curious.

Are we talking “absolute dumpster fire” of an ending like Nisekoi (that was the one with the ending basically nobody was satisfied with, right?) or to use a more recent non-anime example, Game of Thrones?
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
@Dustcan

@Random-Rambling

Basically, people wanted Sadao to end up with Emilia but he picked Chiho instead. Which is stupid because the whole series was building up Sadao and Emilia being together. They were even raising an adopted child, which in my opinion was the highlight of the whole series.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
@Random-Rambling

Some people liked the Nisekoi ending. People were just mad the tsundere won yet again. But in my opinion, she had to win because she had the most character development. Also, I’m admittedly biased because Chitoge is my favorite Nisekoi girl.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Basically, people wanted Sadao to end up with Emilia but he picked Chiho instead. Which is stupid because the whole series was building up Sadao and Emilia being together. They were even raising an adopted child, which in my opinion was the highlight of the whole series.

Wow. Makes one ask “Literally why?”

@Holofan4life  
Some people liked the Nisekoi ending. People were just mad the tsundere won yet again. But in my opinion, she had to win because she had the most character development. Also, I’m admittedly biased because Chitoge is my favorite Nisekoi girl.

Yeah, I can understand that. It’s partially why I have a soft spot for Infinite Stratos, despite being an otherwise rather mediocre series: best girl Charlotte, who’s always been sweet and kind towards Ichika, won out in the end.
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@Random-Rambling
I get what you’re saying, but I wouldn’t classify Nisekoi as mediocre. It’s a lot of fun.

Whoops, you may have misunderstood me. I said Infinite Stratos was mediocre. I’ve never actually watched Nisekoi, just heard about the backlash afterwards..
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
full

Oh man, I don’t know if I should be looking forward to Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon or not. I’ve been a big Inuyasha fan since the late ’90s. Hopefully the sequel will be as good as the original and The Final Act. ;-D
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide