General Anime Thread

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@QuasarNova

Hehehe! Or how each of our strikers tried to develop a tiger shot. Oh, the show was so inspiring. Even today, there are many (younger) German soccer professionals who hold Captain Tsubasa in high esteem. ;-D

Edit: And the best thing was that Wakabayashi went to Germany to train. Woohoo!
Background Pony #CB36
@NeoEnvy

Grins. Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it respectfully and in perfectly normal understanding. ;-)

@QuasarNova

Of course. By the way, did anyone else wonder that Karl Heinz Schneider is a Tsubasa Ozora Recolour? Personally, I see this as an honour for German soccer and to this day I bow to the Japanese national team every time it comes to the FIFA World Cup. But for very personal reasons I also cheer on the Les Bleus (France) and the South Koreans.

If FIFA were not such a corrupt community, I would immediately acknowledge Captain Tsubasa as an international sporting culture heritage. But that doesn’t mean it’s the only legitimate ganbatte anime for me. We were all big fans of Attack No. 1 back then. That was our Haikyu!!

full

As someone who was born in 1980, I can only confirm the hype of that time about these two sports anime.

A funny anecdote: I still remember very well, like a complete club in 1998 was singing the intro of Attack No. 1 (in Germany: Mila Superstar) for someone’s birthday.

Mila Superstar [1969] Intro / Outro

Mila ist 12 Jahre alt  
Und lebt im Fernen Japan  
Kulleraugen, Pferdeschwanz  
Den Kopf voll Fantasie

Früher war sie krank und blass  
Doch das ist vorbei  
Heut’ ist sie ein Volleyass  
Und ein kleines Wunder, Wunder, Wunder

Mila, kann lachen, wie die Sonne übern Fujijama  
Mila, kann machen, was sie will und was noch keiner sah  
Mila, kann fliegen, wie die Schwalben übern Fujijama  
Mila, kann siegen, irgendwann ist sie ein Superstar

Immer, immer am Ball  
Das Spiel ist nie vorüber  
Immer, immer am Ball  
Sie schafft es immer wieder  
Immer, Immer am Ball

Sie schafft es immer wieder sie…  
Mila, kann lachen, wie die Sonne übern Fujijama  
Mila, kann machen, was sie will und was noch keiner sah  
Mila, kann fliegen, wie die Schwalben übern Fujijama

Mila, kann siegen, irgendwann ist sie ein Superstar!

Edit: Sorry, I was logged out, but this is my comment (DarkObsidian)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@NeoEnvy

Ah! Memories from my youth. I’m just 25 years younger right now! ;-D

The other two (in Germany) popular soccer animes were Kickers and Champions - Anpfiff für elf Freunde. It’s unfortunate, because although Kickers was a typical coming-of-age anime, Champions (Shoot!) is much darker and mature. Nevertheless, it is precisely this anime (シュート!, Shūto) that is pretty unknown in large parts of the world.

Well, I’m not an expert on social achievements, but I would still argue that these three animes have greatly contributed to the fact that we Germans are still such a football-enthusiastic nation. At least you can ask anyone in this country between the ages of 10 and 40 if they know one of these animes.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@NeoEnvy

Well, I’m pretty sure I’ve watched all 26 episodes, although I can’t remember the end so well. There was probably a discussion as to whether the three episodes belong with Shun Hyōdō/Harry to the end (as they were released in Japan at that time), or rather to the middle of the show. All I can remember was how the team ended up saying goodbye to their coach, the cowboy. And if I’ve ever seen the OVA, I really don’t know anymore. ;-)

@DeathCloud

Thanks, I guess. (^ _ ^)!

@DeathCloud

I’ve heard that too, but I don’t know if there’s a reliable proof of that, or if it’s a popular fan theory. But I could imagine that at least Ingo Hauss (who was part of U96) had something to do with it. :-)
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I miss when Naruto in the old episodes said “Believe it!” It’s cheesy, lame and kind of dumb. But maybe just maybe that’s the point. Naruto isn’t the most eloquent person after all. And coming from Naruto it’s actually pretty inspirational in a corny way.

And then no-fun-allowed weeb gatekeepers whined about how it wasn’t accurate to the Japanese dattebayo. It’s a translation! Of course they’re going to change stuff to make it sound more natural.

Then the Shippuden dub “improved” Naruto by having him say “You know.” Which I found extremely forced, not charming and boring. I would’ve loved Kushina to say believe it instead of having her say “Y’know”. Ugh.

You have to love how fanboys will harp on things that don’t really matter or even have a charm to them. Who cares about fun am I right?

I am a supporter of “Believe it!” Believe it!
Background Pony #A44E
Discotek license rescued the original Hajime no Ippo (aka “Fighting Spirit”) anime!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide