General Anime Thread

DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Background Pony #7D82  
Same as Flu and Cold virus. Hat shaped like virus turning cell characters into zombies. Only difference this time is that it could also posses white blood cells, especially T Cells making them even more blood thirsty and cause them to attack healthy cell. This alone should be wrapped in one episode/chapter since body is strong and healthy. However if to extend arc and show more serious case COVID-19 you could have body lungs (main corona battlefield) invaded by bacteria who could have easy time to attack weakened lungs and fight worth out immune system what is focused on fight viruses. Body unlucky so it could happen. You could have this in spin off attacking Black body and being also serious and life treating because this body is really unhealthy
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I still am shocked Cells At Work had an episode where they painted cancer as the good guy. And it was good. Like, best episode of the series.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@TheHappySpaceman  
If it keeps you from watching it, it sounds like you’re judging it(the anime) quite harshly.

And frankly, if it’s the only thing wrong with any particular anime, it’s probably good. I feel it’s something you have to get over if you want to watch anime in general.
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@TheHappySpaceman

That was sarcasm by the way

I know a bunch of anime without fanservice… Granted they’re depressing as fuck

And they still have fanservice but it’s either more played for drama, shock value or don’t draw attention to it

Which I guess still count as fanservice. How do you even make that distinction anyways? A hunky dude taking of his shirt and showing his toned tasty abs #NoHomo is still fanservice even if it’s not directly pointed by sounds and expressions of other characters because the camera, the lightning or whatever will still point you towards it.

Are there even anime without fanservice? Even back to Speed Racer it’s something that’s always present

And it’s not even about the bob and vegan stuff either, fanservice can also be used to refer at something a show does that acknowledges another work or even something their own viewers commonly used or talked about.

WHAT EVEN IS EXISTENCE
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
There are ways anime can do fanservice that’s more subtle, sneaking it in as somehow inherently a part of the medium, which is sneaky and behind the scenes, as they’re calculating all these ways to keep young viewers interested, but as long as it doesn’t detract too much from the story or characters being shown, I can forgive it.

But when it’s more blatant and in-your-face about it, I tend not to enjoy it, no offense. (Like, that’s one reason why I can never get into Kill la Kill no matter how hard I’ve tried.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide