General Anime Thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Poor Mina didn’t get to use “Alien Queen” as her hero name. I mean, I liked that one.

Though the xenomorph reference was pretty funny, I will admit.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@PonyPon  
We don’t find out that episode.

I don’t remember if the manga has officially shown it either.  
But I think the author has confirmed it’s supposed to be Ground Zero.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Started Non Non Biyori, as planned. Initial impression is that it’s very green.

This starting ep works very hard to establish the atmosphere, and it feels pretty different from other backwater slice-of-life cartoons I’ve watched recently. The lush greens, the farmlands and animals, the tiny classroom. Yama no Susume and Yuru Camp worked to make nature feel accessible, but this seems to work to make it feel otherworldly. The show explicitly establishing how different things are for the city girl just adds to this.

I’m going to guess there won’t be cellphones or real-life landmarks.

Not sure about some of the music. The recorder feels more grating and less innocent than a flute might.

Most importantly, the Nyanpasu thing is actually pretty good. Fits the aesthetic they’re going for.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@dt  
Renge is one of my favorite children in anime. For me, it’s a tie between her, the little girl from Bunny Drop, and the little girl from Sweetness and Lightning.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Non Non Biyori ep 2. Suddenly, a crush. This was some fast off-screen development, but I don’t mind. Hotaru going all out for their date was cute, but the resulting misunderstanding was very contrived.

full

Ep 3. Hey, an ep that’s actually about being in the country. More like this, please. Maybe this is a little heartless, but I thought the teacher exploiting her students for free labor was pretty funny. Natsumi’s tantrum was cute, too.

I appreciate the quick change to calling Komari “nee-chan.” It’s a small thing, but what characters call each other matters a lot. The dynamic between the two sisters is a little cliché but it’s working well enough. I do hope there will be some development at some point, and they’ll treat Komari with a bit more dignity.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Non Non Biyori ep 4. Damn. This show is already exceeding expectations.

I appreciate this ep being about sharing experiences, this was one of the themes I really loved in Yuru Camp. This show is a lot meaner, though, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

It’s always implicit in these slice-of-life shows that their time is limited, that these good times aren’t going to last forever, but I did not expect NNB to tackle that so directly, and so early. Not even halfway through the first cour. This was a very welcome surprise.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@TheHappySpaceman  
You said at the end of MHA season 1 that you wanted the show to give more focus to the other characters.

What did you think of the tournament arc and what we got to see of the classmates?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide