General Anime Thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@dt  
I have no connection to either version… that said, is it just me or do the new VAs seem a little… flat?

Like, I don’t hear much in the way of emoting for their voices, especially Shenji’s. And I don’t know if that’s intentional or what, but still.
CatsTuxedo
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Honestly, the fact that Netflix borked up other areas in their version for people to get mad at makes me feel only slightly better about Shinji still not being voiced by an actual woman.
DarklordYuri
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DarklordYuri> Your slut? I’m everyone’s slut!
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Yuri is best girl
I remember eight of the nine main characters in Love Live! Sunshine!! I remember Chika, I remember You because she’s a thirsty lesbian, I remember Yohane because she’s hilarious, I remember the Zura girl, I remember Ruby because she’s the cutest, I remember Dia, I remember Mari because of her Engrish (Sorry. I don’t speak Japanese!), and I remember the other red haired girl.

Everyone always forgets Kanan…

Also, I agree with nearly everything you said, except your choice of best girl - Ruby is by far the best.  
full  
Also, I also recommend rewatching Sunshine with the dub one day - Morgan Berry as Yohane is the best thing ever.
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Witch Dagger!
That was honestly a nice end to HitoriBocchi, the show as a whole is enjoyable and I have to take my hat off to the show writers for keeping the characters grounded, I also love how she was walking home with her friends in the ending credits.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Hyouka ep 20. Eru and Hotaro go on a date because this is what this show is now.

They framed their date like an actual date, with Hotaro standing in the cold, waiting for his girlfriend, and he visibly lights up when he sees her. For her part, Eru was quite confident and expectant as she first greeted Hotaro, and looked quite pleased when she saw how stunned he was by her appearance. I wish more anime romances were like this, or at least would get to this point where the main pair are this comfortable with each other.

The rest of the ep puts Hotaro in a visibly uncomfortable setting. Eru clearly doesn’t act like she’s superior to him, she just doesn’t know how to express her respect for him in a way that he could accept, so her being perfectly comfortable in that world only put him further off-balance. This show (at least this ep) goes full-on “my girlfriend is secretly a princess” fairy tail mode. I said it last ep, but I really did not expect this show to have class disparity as an obstacle for its main pair, but it’s pulling it off pretty well.

The shed bit had me worried. Not only could I not see anything for most of it, this cliché forces characters to get closer in a way that feels contrived, but Eru bringing up her status pushed them back apart and that partly salvaged the situation. Eru offering her kimono’s obi string (without even knowing what Hotaro’s full plan was) was a bold act of literal and figurative undressing for Hotaro, a demonstration of her complete faith in him.

Of course, Hotaro doesn’t really get this because anime boys never do, but I am willing give him a pass. He was having a bad day. Even after a season and a half of solving mysteries and making Eru happy, he still feels like a burden to her, much like Satoshi doesn’t feel like he’s good enough for Mayaka. Eru is clearly committed to this relationship with Hotaro, but given his insecurity, she has a difficult road ahead of her.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
@dt  
@Holofan4life
The most unusual and unexpected Eva Take I’ve seen so far is that “Fly Me to the Moon is bad.”

Those people are incorrect. Fly Me To The Moon is a masterpiece and fits the show extremely well.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Hitoribocchi ep 12. Incredibly fun finale, I had to pause a number of times from laughing so much. I loved Bocchi saying that the whole thing was sparked by Nako running after her. Bocchi has worked so hard and she’s had a much bigger impact on others that she even realizes, but she hasn’t forgotten that she wouldn’t have gotten this far without the kindness of others.

The bit with Kai was curious. I’m not sure what to think of Kai taking over in the middle of Bocchi’s narration. But I feel like this is like the Promise Girl in Love Hina. Fulfilling the promise is not as important as the fact that there is a promise.

Anyway, what a show this turned out to be. Thematically, visually, comedically. It knew what it needed to do and consistently executed it well, with only minor narrative hiccups. Will likely be in my top 5 for the year.

Senryu Shoujo ep 12. I can’t say I agree with the decision to end on a flashback to their origin, since my frustration with the show was the lack of meaningful development. Isn’t sharing a hobby good enough?

Fruits Basket ep 12. So this was one of those “loud noises are funny” episodes. Can’t wait ‘til I get more of that in Kimetsu no Yaiba.

I dunno if I can continue this after this cour. I’m dreading where its scenes are going more than anticipating them. I’m all for genuinely flawed characters and complicated relationships, but I’m not confident this show will handle those elements with enough tact and nuance. I want to at least get to Kyo’s true form, but I don’t know if I can last that long.
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Witch Dagger!
@dt  
Re: Hitoribocchi: I honestly enjoyed this finale as well, the humorous bits were enjoyable (like Bocchi fainting after befriending her phone) and I love the little bit with Hitori and Nakanai and I also liked the bit where Bocchi tried to take a photo of Nako, only to record her and vice versa with Aru. Overall, this show was a pretty warm, if not fun little show and, if possible, I would love to see this one get a second season.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide