General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Carole and Tuesday ep 11. This ep was definitely a step up from last couple of weeks. The character bits were better, the offstage drama was more interesting, especially between C&T.

The performance was good, as usual. But this show has generally been better as an immediately enjoyable aesthetic experience than an emotionally heartfelt story, and it would be nice if the character bits were as good as the music. The theme about artifice versus sincerity hasn’t been that compelling, but a more humanized story about simpler conflicting philosophies could work better.

full

Sarazanmai ep 11. So, that’s done. Probably the biggest mystery left is why the “main” studio, MAPPA, was hardly a factor in its production. Lapintrack managed the production of every episode and every special sequence, and even co-wrote it all. MAPPA had one episode director sort of affiliated with them and cleaned up one episode. Yet MAPPA is credited in every ep.

As for the ep itself, on first viewing, it felt kinda underwhelming. I plan to rewatch the last two eps before giving my final verdit.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
Okay, fuck anyone hating on Shinji’s voice actor just because he’s trans. It’s the performance that’s bad, not because the voice actor is trans. Fucking idiots.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Holofan4life  
It’s extremely common for women to voice boys in anime, and in all voice work. Shinji is voiced by a woman in the original Japanese. Goku is voiced by a woman. FMA’s leads are both voiced by women. Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@dt  
Actually you criticize anime for that since most time those guys sound just like girls or much younger boys. At least not in case of Megumi Ogata you can puff off masculine voice really well in Shinji example.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@dt

That’s not my issue. Tons of girls voice male characters and they sound like boys. Shinji is voiced by a girl and doesn’t sound like a boy. He sounds like a girl.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I just finished watching Love Live and Love Live! Sunshine!! for the first time. Because of this, here are my honest, somewhat rambling impressions. Or, how Holofan4life decided to join the bandwagon and embrace Idol Hell.

*Maki is best girl of the whole Love Live franchise. Why? Because she’s a tsundere.

*The four best developed characters in my opinion were Maki, Nico, Eli, Dia. Of them all, I felt Nico was the most well written character.

*I love Yohane. She’s like Satania from Gabriel Dropout if Satania was an idol girl.

*I honestly felt a lot of the main girls in Love Live were forgettable. The only ones in my opinion that were memorable of the nine were Maki, Nico, Eli, and the molester. By comparison, I remember eight of the nine main characters in Love Live! Sunshine!! I remember Chika, I remember You because she’s a thirsty lesbian, I remember Yohane because she’s hilarious, I remember the Zura girl, I remember Ruby because she’s the cutest, I remember Dia, I remember Mari because of her Engrish (Sorry. I don’t speak Japanese!), and I remember the other red haired girl.

*I feel Chika is a better protagonist than the main protagonist in Love Live, whoever it was.

*I feel the first season of Love Live! Sunshine!! was the weakest because it was a rehash of Love Love! However, I thought the second season of Love Live! Sunshine!! was the best because it did things differently.

*The animation of Love Live! Sunshine!! is better than the animation of Love Live!

*I think Love Live! Sunshine!! is better than Love Live! because Love Live! was about success, whereas Love Live! Sunshine!! focused more on failure and learning to deal with it.

*I love Dia’s mole.

*Nico Nico Nii

*Nico’s mom is hot. I Nico Nico Need water because she’s got me sweating.

*I was surprised there wasn’t more of an emphasis on singing. Both shows had songs, but I was expecting at least one new song per episode. It’s not a bad thing, it just surprised me.

*I love Chika and her obsession with oranges.

*I like how two episodes in season 2 of Love Live! Sunshine!! focused on two characters outside the main cast.

*Episode 11 of season 2 of Love Live! Sunshine!! nearly made me cry at the end during the scene involving Mari.

*Did I mention Maki best girl of the franchise? Because Maki best girl of the franchise.

Anyway, those are my observations! I hope I did my Rubesty!
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@dt  
I am told that the iconic “I’m fucked up” scene was translated as “I’m the lowest of the low.”

That’s a little…disappointing.

Though I understand why they wanted to cut the profanity.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Random-Rambling  
I think it’s more likely that they just got a translator who doesn’t know anything about Eva. It’s a literal translation of the line, but it misses the point.

This is, so far, my favorite thing from the Netflix release:

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide