General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Random-Rambling  
I might actually watch that if it was actually a story about the complications of being attracted to someone related you, like 1 x 1/2 or Met my Sister at a Dating Site. But there’s just no chance it’ll be that, it’ll just be ecchi stuff.

The dad one is also airing next season, but I am told it is not an isekai.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Random-Rambling  
Probably won’t actually have any mother-son incest. Another possible scenario is that the MC is a hero archetype, but his moment is ruined by his mother being there embarrassing him.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
I’m in the middle of Love Live! Sunshine!! season 2 and I think Love Live! Sunshine!! is better than Love Live!

Love Live! is about success, whereas Love Live! Sunshine!! is about failure and learning to deal with failure. I think that makes for a more compelling and relatable story.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@TheHappySpaceman  
Narratively, Sarazanmai is about a group of kids who turn into kappas and fight kappa-zombies by sucking their desires out of their buttholes, to get the kappa prince to grant them wishes.

Thematically, it’s a little more grounded and complicated.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Hyouka ep 16. This ep was a bit below the high bar that the show has set for itself.

As expected, Satoshi fails again. This ep’s shots framed his helplessness well, but not nearly to the same level as in the magic show.

From Eru’s encounter with Hotaro’s sister this ep, it seems like the reason the show never shows her face is to try give Oreki-sis a more otherworldly feel. From the distant shots down the hallway, to the careful focus on body language, to the dramatic angles as she passes Eru. I feel like the show is trying to frame Oreki-sis as some kind of wizard, or a god even. Showing her face would actually humanize her, and the show is actively trying to avoid that because they want her to feel more ethereal.

On top of that, she just drops off Mayaka’s Holy Grail without a second thought. Oreki-sis does feel like she’s separate from this world. Her comment about “whether this staves off your boredom or not is up to you” feels like it speaks to the audience more than Hotaro. Like she knows this is part of a larger narrative. I mean, maybe I’ve giving the show too much credit here, maybe this is just a bit of lamp-shading for this contrived way to put this arc’s pieces together, but I still think it’s neat.

I liked the afterword in A Corpse by Evening. I liked that it portrayed art not as an assembly-line production, but a product of individual creators who put themselves into their work. That a collaboration does not (should not) diminish the individuals that created it. The line “self-review holds no ground to true criticism” was also interesting, because it seems to reflect the cast’s inability to recognize their own strengths. Each of them sees their friends as someone special and valuable, just not themselves.

Mayaka suffers another disgrace at her club. Some good shots of her trying to hide her despair, particularly the handkerchief being filled with surrogate tears. The way Eru perked her back up so easily was great.

The scene of the main cast getting back to the club room again was good. The use of the light-dark motif was perphaps too overt in this last act of the ep, but it’s not awful. I liked how Satoshi could tell that something very bad had happened to Mayaka without her having to say it, but Hotaro doesn’t even know Mayaka loves manga. I like this sort of depiction of friendship as something that isn’t uniform. Even within a group of friends, every pair is going to have their own emotional distance.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Star Twinkle ep 19. In this ep, Blue Cat just owns everyone around her. It’s kind of a shame that Toei posted those spoilers (gotta sell toys), because it would’ve been nice to have that possibility that Blue Cat would never be a Cure, but continued to just own the show whenever she appeared.

full

Aikatsu Friends ep 60. This was one of the heavier episodes of the show, and not just because of the snow.

I liked Karen understanding Mirai’s plan without needing Mirai to explain it to her. I liked Tamaki getting to have a strong moment, standing up to authority so her employees don’t have to. I didn’t mind the “no fun allowed” thing starting with a misunderstanding because they way it snowballed was pretty decently executed.

Oh, and they killed a character on-screen, so that was interesting. Honestly, Alicia’s mother dying didn’t hit me that hard, but watching Alicia have to give up her passion to uphold her duty did hurt. I liked Alicia not letting her own tastes getting in the way of her people’s happiness. And I loved that Charles never gave up on her. Alicia had lost and given up so much, it’s only a matter of time until Hibiki and the others show her that she’s allowed to be happy, too. I love this fucking show.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide