General Anime Thread

ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
Episode 1 of Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo has blown me the fuck away

-The animation is gorgeous. Harem/Ecchis, and to a lesser extent romcoms, don’t tend to be incredibly well animated. At best, they’re okay, and at worst they’re just downright hard to look at. This is looking like a romcom with light ecchi elements, but every single scene was absolutely breathtaking to look at.

To prove my point, I went to the video I watched of episode 1 and clicked on a random point of time at the video. This is what it landed at:

full

This might not look exceptional by some of your standards, but to me this is almost alien in how beautifully animated it is. It keeps like this throughout the whole episode, too, and it’s just mind-blowing to me.

-The characters have all grabbed me immediately. The premise is about a normal-ish guy who goes to an art school and got stuck in the dorm with the misfits of the school itself. The characters he lives with are all incredibly unique and eccentric, but at the same time it doesn’t feel like forced eccentricity. They’re believable yet crazy, which is something. It also gives a good feel of the residents of Sakurasou being more like a strange, crazy family as opposed to just housemates. I dig that.

-The soundtrack. It’s initially why I decided to watch this anime after I finished up Nagasarete Airantou, but it’s so much more well utilized than I was anticipating oh my god. The outro of the first episode will be something I remember for a long time, because the timing is absolutely perfect.

What a fucking way to follow up Nagasarete Airantou. I’m on a real streak of finding these amazing animes right now, and if this one keeps up with the quality the first episode showed then I think my streak will definitely continue.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
The second movie for Digimon Tri was fun.

Joe finally makes a worthwhile scene, Leomon appears and the trope repeats itself, Mimi is now more human than ever but still Mimi, there’s a bath scene which the writers and animators did a good job of not showing anyone it for fanservice, and the final fight involves a dark version of Imperialdramon.

It was amazing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide