General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Kanata no Astra ep 2. Immediate improvement, actually landed a number of jokes.

This seems to be going for two diametric opposites of storytelling – the grounded, tense drama of hard sci-fi, and the starry-eyed wonder of old-school adventure stories with incredibly talented children. Its strikes a good enough balance between the two, although it really needs fewer “funny” sound effects. It’s not as bad as having a laugh track, and the drama is good enough to overcome all the missed jokes, but it’s still bad.

The cast has decent chemistry and they have sympathetic backstories. I can definitely see people getting annoyed at how conveniently talented the kids are and they way the act like, well, kids. They do says dumb things and make dumb, rash decisions, but I don’t mind. That’s what kids do.

full

Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru ep 2. Hibiki pigging out on garbage food right after her workout is highly relatable.

The show using “guessing someone’s preferred sport via their body type” as a vehicle for doing close-ups and slow pans across women’s muscles was an interesting way to frame fanservice shots. (Better than just a shower scene for absolutely no reason.) I also legit did not know about the stretching thing, and I’m eager to see if Jaxblade agrees with it.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@dt  
@Random-Rambling  
Heck, no matter the source, that stuffs gonna be the cleanest, purest, most refreshing water you’ve ever had~  
It’ll even cure any ailments and repels undead!

I’m trying to remember if Kazuma and Co. actually did go for this in the Light Novel.  
I think I’m confusing it with the Axis Cult Church.  
Dunno if they’ll animate this in the future so I’ll spoiler it:  
After the party visited Alcanretia and Aqua accidentally purified all the hot springs, the Church discovered that it wasn’t just purified water, but Holy Water. So they began to sell it as well as advertising the town as a source of healing, since anyone who bathed in the Holy Water springs would be healed of any sickness.

So the town became even richer than before, and the Axis Church became more powerful.

This is also how the church figured out that Aqua is the real goddess Aqua.
Moving On
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I decided to give Naruto one last chance for me to watch it. If it ruins my life again, I’m abandoning it forever and go to One Piece. So far, nothing bad has happened yet.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Aikatsu Friends ep 64. Karen’s solo performances are always good.

The fact that this show treats idol work like a job in an industry continues to be what elevates this (and Idolm@ster) above every other idol anime. It keeps the show grounded (even with the extra silliness this season) and makes the idols feel more accessible. And it’s more fun than making them do homework or whatever.

It kinda sucks that we were only shown very short clips of HC’s World Tour. I get they’re a tertiary team at best, but I still would’ve like to have gotten more than they’ve shown. Hopefully, they won’t do their Space Tour completely off-screen.

(Also, it occurs to me that I am watching at least 3 shows with a character named Hibiki.)
Moving On
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Unfortunately Naruto ruined my life today once again. However I realized that this will always happen and I can’t avoid it so I have to live with this curse of watching Naruto till the day I die.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@PonyPon  
I know he won’t listen to me. But I won’t fucking stop talking about how much I hate it. Because I genuinely hate this shit.

I could tolerate it if he only did it once in awhile, but this is all he fucking does. Talk about why his poor waifus don’t deserve any hate. Talk about his daughters who need protection. Talk about his fetishes. Talk about other people’s waifus and fetishes. This isn’t what anime is about.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide