General Anime Thread

Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@TheHappySpaceman  
@PonyPon  
From what I understand. [And may very well be VERY wrong about] While they don’t have as long breaks as we do in the States, they have more small ones spread throughout.  
Though I’m not sure if that isn’t countered by them going to school 6 days a week instead of 5. At least I think the Saturday classes are half-length. But again, Don’t live there, could be wrong. All my knowledge of their school system comes from anime and video games like Persona~

On topic: Watching Non Non Biyori and Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san.

Non Non Biyori is freaking adorable. When an anime capable of keeping you interested through an episode where the characters literally just go to the candy store and back home you know it’s something special~

Renge is the cutest!

full

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san is really cute. I can imagine the formula getting stale easily. Takagi starts trolling Nishikata. Nishikata overthinks things and falls into Takagi’s trap. Repeat.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Zeb  
Takagi-san does enough to not feel too repetitive, but it also never really aims that high.

Maybe S2 will have more substantive development.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Holofan4life  
Yeah, I see that, too. Mostly from people who read the source material.

I wasn’t impressed by the first ep. Felt flat and uninteresting. I might give it a couple of more eps, but this season is already pretty loaded. Fire Force, Symphogear, even Granbelm had more impressive premieres, (and I’m not even an action anime guy) so I dunno if I’ll bother.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Cop Craft ep 1. I was wrong, this is not a comedy.

The gritty fantasy atmosphere here works better than most shows that attempt it. The writing, backgrounds, music, and voice work do a great job selling the premise and the setting. Matoba’s expertise and fatigue feel real (don’t love his sideburns, though), and his cute partner is cute, fun, charming, and cute. She’s also pretty cute, which is good. Her status gives her the confidence to push back against his jaded perspective, and their antagonistic relationship is fun to watch.

There’s some questionable CG, and its premise naturally lends itself to some potentially problematic ideas (i.e. Bright). Other than that, it’s a solid start and another surprising show in my season.

full

Takagi-san S2E1. This show is so calming, even with how angry its protagonist gets. It’s good at making things feel very intimate, even when they’re in class. They can get away with it because their hijinks are so childish and innocent.

I think the thing that keeps this show from getting to stale is that Nishikata is trying to learn from his mistakes. He’s trying to be more active in their relationship, and not just get trolled by Takagi. Takagi is just too powerful for him, but Nishikata actually trying to better himself is (for me) what makes this a bit above-average for a serial romance that never goes anywhere.

Sacred Beasts ep 2. Pretty good backstory for Schaal, although I got kinda impatient towards the end. At least they didn’t pad it so much that they’d end on a cliffhanger. The show seems to be going for Moral Ambiguity(tm) but I’m not totally sold on it.

Star Twinkle Precure ep 22. A nice cooldown ep after major plot developments, showcasing good and not-so-good father-child relations. I also think it’s funny that Cosmo just lays around until she feels like helping, like a cat would.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I hear people say Louise beats up Saito for no reason. However, it’s only starting with the third season she beats up Saito for no reason or without him explaining. The first two seasons she beats him up because he is being a perverted horndog. I’m not saying it justifies the violence, but I feel the writing of season one and two is better.

I also feel with season three they amped up the violence factor with Louise, which I think is a massive shame. The best parts of the show is Louise being deredere. I feel seasons one and two work better than season three because even though she is violent, there are a lot of moments peppered in that made Louise likable.

Her being picked on, her showing regret, things like that. Vulnerability helps make the character three dimensional. They kind of changed that a little bit with season three. I’m on episode eight of season three so far, and in the season she only has a couple of deredere moments. I find that unfortunate because Louise is my favorite character in the show.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Sounan Desu Ka ep 2. Not as bad as last week but still not great. This show seems to be mostly about doing gross things or consuming gross things. (And also boobs, I guess.) This is a drop.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@dt  
I watched episode 1 of Uchi no Ko no Tame naraba, Ore wa Moshikashitara Maou mo Taoseru kamo Shirenai. And holy cow, I love it a lot. It is so cute and wholesome.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Holofan4life  
Is that the Dad one? I heard it’s okay. I also heard the source gets very problematic down the road but maybe the anime won’t get there?
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Decided to stick with Vinland Saga. Gets much better after the first ep.

This actually reminds me of OPM S1, where genre power fantasies gets contrasted against inescapable realities. The “soldiers” getting excited about war when they struggle to just row a boat. The legendary warrior spanking his kid. Children playing with wooden swords getting contrasted against the bloody and senseless reality of villages being mercilessly slaughtered. It does have very anime action scenes with one guy cleaving through entire ships, but its themes about the horrors of war and human nature are quite clear, and it does get appropriately ugly and brutal.

All the posturing kinda pisses me off, and I’m sure they won’t resist showing big 3D action set-pieces. But if this show can also depict war as a place without glory, this could be good.
Moving On
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

So I finished watching the FMA movie from 2011 and I don’t know how to feel about it. I should the manga to make it the last time I’m going to invest in that series.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide