General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

My summer season continues to limp forward with Sounan Desu Ka ep 1. This is like the survival stuff from Golden Kamui but they replaced the plot and Ainu culture with fanservice. Average visuals, bland characters, didn’t get a laugh out of me. Probably a drop.

Dumbbell starts tomorrow, hopefully that one’s better.

full

Non Non Biyori S2E2. Ghetto shounen action, and Komari getting a strong moment. I loved it.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
“Oono Akira, a working adult that can be found anywhere, was transported to a different world while logged into a character known as the “Demon Lord” in a game he manages. There, he meets a girl with a disabled leg and they begin to travel together, but there’s no way that others will leave a “demon lord” with such overwhelming strengths alone. While being targeted by countries and saints that are trying to subdue the demon lord, they cause turmoil wherever they go.Demon lord on the outside, normal person on the inside, a misunderstanding type fantasy!”  
Slow down here, you don’t want to be to original or you will be out of your confront zone.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru ep 1. The first clean hit of my season.

The main character has a fun and down-to-earth internal voice, and her reactions are conveyed through creative and amusing expressions. The visual comedy relies on dramatic tonal shifts and funny faces, and it works pretty well. My favorite gag had to be the trainer, with his generic ikemen face and impossible musculature. It even frames its fanservice well, integrating it naturally into the fitness routines and education bits. Good OP, too.

Hibiki’s initial motivation feels kinda weak, but her half-hearted dedication to physical fitness is totally true-to-life and it does give an opportunity for development, so I can give that a pass. Otherwise, it’s a solid start.

full

Kanata no Astra ep 1. Double-length premiere. Honestly, just the length of the ep made me hesitate to watch this, but decided to power through it. It’s got an interesting and decently presented premise, but it’s also loaded with a lot of anime stereotypes and it missed every joke. Some jokes missed so bad I wouldn’t have known they were jokes if they didn’t have the sound effect, which they have for every fucking punchline.

BUT it did get better as it went on. I liked the show lamp-shading how convenient everything is. Maybe it’ll be fine once the story gets going.

full

Star Twinkle Precure ep 21. The show caps off Blue Cat’s arc with spectacular action, a new toy, and a new ED.

Anime action scenes that are one continuous set-piece continue to impress me. The imposing layouts and the satisfying hits make for a mid-season confrontation that felt epic. I also liked Eye One stealing Blue Cat’s spaceship after they showed her mercy. Overall, an excellent arc.

full

Non Non Biyori ep 15-16. This season’s comedy has been a lot more consistent, while still quietly hitting its emotional highs.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide