General Anime Thread

DarklordYuri
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DarklordYuri> Your slut? I’m everyone’s slut!
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Yuri is best girl
Just finished watching episodes 5-9 of My Roommate is a Cat.  
This was a really great set - just like I hoped, this show’s getting better and better. Quite a lot happened in this set - Haru reunited with her little brother (which was a really touching scene), and we learned even more about her (heartbreaking) backstory. Subaru also drank more of that character development juice, which (finally) made him one of the best characters in the show.  
This anime has succeeded in making me cry multiple times now, and it probably will do so again during the last three episodes.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Holofan4life  
There are more reasons to watch anime other than waifus and memes.

Fuck off to reddit with this shit, please. Seriously.

And don’t tell me you’re just kidding, because you’re not. Fuck off with this attitude. I’m sick of it.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@dt  
@Holofan4life
There are more reasons to watch anime other than waifus and memes.
Fuck off to reddit with this shit, please. Seriously.
And don’t tell me you’re just kidding, because you’re not. Fuck off with this attitude. I’m sick of it.

I ain’t going anywhere
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
So, I’m watching Golden Time. Episode 3 was really weird. I love the characters, but I just finished watching episode 3 and half the episode was spent parodying Scientology. Don’t get me wrong, I love people making fun of Scientology, but it felt random and out of place. I understand that the idea was that the event brought the main characters closer together, but it feels so out of left field.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Toradora had some random things in it as well, but the random things was strictly for comedy purposes. The religious cult in Golden Time is presented in a serious tone and so it sticks out like a sore thumb on a show that has a similar tone as Toradora. If it was presented humorously, it would’ve actually been more entertaining. Instead, they presented it as something dramatic.
DarklordYuri
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Yuri is best girl
Just finished watching the last 3 episodes of My Roommate is a Cat (and, as is apparently tradition now, cried through half of the last episode).  
I’m so glad I didn’t drop this one - even though it had a pretty meh start it became one of my favourites. It doesn’t have a groundbreaking storyline with multiple twists, but it’s incredibly heartwarming and sweet, with the occasional tearjerker moment (mostly relating to the main characters’ backstories). The main highlight of this show is definitely Subaru’s relationship with Haru, as well as his character development.  
I’m going to start Toradora either later today or after tomorrow’s Senko-san episode.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Aikatsu Friends ep 54. Another strong and wholesome episode. Aine trying to act like an “adult” was amazing. I support Hibiki’s advice to her that she should just be herself, because there’s plenty of people who like her just the way she is. They’ve done a solid job of establishing Hibiki’s role in this show. Mirai’s scene were all great because she’s just too powerful. Wakaba was pretty cute, too. Wouldn’t mind more of her.

full

Senryuu Shoujo ep 4. The new girl is a sleeves-too-long type, which is a good type. I liked the bit where the club prez is describing Eiji’s type, and the camera is looking right at Nanako, who fits it perfectly. Nanako and Kino “talking” to each other was cute. Also, this has pretty good voice work for a show about characters not being able to communicate.

full

Star Twinkle ep 13. In this ep, Lala goes to school and discovers that it fucking sucks, lol. I liked the ep’s theme of Lala thinking she has to make herself fit in, and Hikaru telling her to just be herself. This ep was pretty melancholy for this series, until Kappard showed up and started sky-surfing.

BokuBen ep 4. This show is kinda dumb, but still enjoyable. I feel like this show could be better if it was just about any one of these girls, and the rest of the show was built around her growth. But this just ain’t aiming that high.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@SquiggyBomb  
It’s interesting so far. Hasn’t blown me away like it has a lot of people, but it has a lot of interesting ideas.

Hope you don’t mind reused stock footage.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
One Punch Man S2E4. An attempt was made at a backstory for the villain. The “I relate to the monster” angle works better if they had a rough life or something, something that let them relate to the character that is being attacked or persecuted. Without that, he just looks like a psychopath. And if that’s the goal, he don’ really need a backstory.

They decided to not have the weird textures on Metal Bat’s bat, which was a good decision. The whip sfx sounded like something went wrong there. The Dragon-level villain looked okay, I guess.

I hope this tournament is just a montage of Saitama murdering everyone, with minimal shit-talking from the other competitors.
DarklordYuri
Economist -

Yuri is best girl
Just watched episode 2 of Senko-san.  
It was as cute and relaxing as the previous one - there isn’t that much to say about it. I definitely still really enjoyed it though, and am looking forward to next week’s episode.  
I’m glad I’m watching this as it airs (well, technically I’m two episodes behind, but I’m watching the dub), as this isn’t really a show for binge watching - one episode a week is enough. I’m probably going to start Toradora later today.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide