General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Cells At Work season 2 is only gonna have 8 episodes. The reason why is because there’s not much source material left for the series to cover. Meanwhile, Cells At Work Black will have 13 episodes.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Holofan4life  
I knew it that manga had no enough material for next season, not helped by how they made OVA from what could be part of this season. But its looks like things didn’t change much, author almost did nothing for this time and Black now have surpassed it with chapter count
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
It also should be noted there are tons of spin-offs of Cells At Work. So, they could keep going if they want to. I mean, there’s a spin-off called Cells At Work Bacteria and it has the same amount of volumes as Cells At Work Black.
Dr_Osaka
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
So I saw an english trailer for a new anime film made by Studio Ghibli called Earwig and the Witch , and from what I saw it looks like it will be a fun film sort of a return to classics like Spirited Away and Kiki’s Delivery Service.  
My only concern is that it’s cgi which is not a bad thing but I don’t know how well that style of animation would work with Miyazaki’s style of hand drawn animation; I mean it it was something like Ni No Kuni where it was cell shaded animation that might look good but because it looks fully cgi it comes off looking more like one of those direct-to-video kinda things like Tinker Bell.

But I’m still curious to check it out, I am such a big fan of Ghibli growing up watching those movies.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Giovanni no Shima (Giovanni’s Island) is truly a remarkable 2014 anime anti-war/historical drama film. Heartbreakingly sad and still beautiful. If you haven’t seen this one yet, I think you should definitely do so. However, if possible, try to avoid any spoilers. It’s incredible enough that the film is based on a true story.

full

full

full

And now I have two new earworms. Katyusha and Dorogoi dlinnoju (Those were the days). Why do I only feel reminded of the Girls und Panzer soundtrack now? ;-)

full

full
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Just watched the first episode of So, I’m a Spider, So What. The thing I like about the show is that it’s not just one character being reincarnated. Everything in the show dies and is forced to be reincarnated. It’s not just the main character.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Holofan4life  
I like how from what I heard she will not leave cave for entire season, instead leaving in few episodes, becoming uber powerful, forming community of monsters and gaining human form
Natry
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@WyrmSpawN  
Considering the slime starts by engulfing a freaking dragon, I’d say that’s definitely inaccurate. Rest assured, the spider gets no such luck; her time in the cave will consist of struggling against enemies much more powerful than her.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@DeathCloud
Yep, that’s one of the reasons why it’s my favorite isekai. She actually has to earn the right to be powerful.

Yep. Though some people complained about Kumoko’s level-grinding. I’m on the fourth volume of the light novel and she STILL hasn’t left the cave system where she was re-born. Granted, it IS the world’s largest cave system….
Random-Rambling
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@WyrmSpawN

Well, that was a conscious decision on her part. She regretted just floating through life, just going through the motions, and so vowed to be more active.

Also, her web home got burned down, almost taking her with it.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Random-Rambling  
Level-grinding has always been one of my biggest peeves in video game isekai. I get that in MMOs, grinding is a must but rarely does single-player RPGs have grinding. And isekais are always single-player!

Honestly, why even have grinding as a story mechanic? It’s a literal waste of time.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide