General Anime Thread

Background Pony #65C9
With That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 airing soon I’m curious about how the English dub is going to turn out. I hope it recasts Laplace.
Background Pony #24E3
found a Slice of life + food anime.

its called Wakakozake - or Wakako Sake.

its about an office girl who goes out for a drink and bite to eat at various bar like restaurants.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I don’t think Madoka Magica gets enough credit when it comes to the popularity of anime in America. It seems like when people trace back anime’s popularity exploding in The United States, they mention Attack on Titan. However, Madoka Magica really helped in way of the growth in popularity of anime.

Course, that’s not to say anime wasn’t already popular. Stuff like Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, and Cowboy Bebop airing on Toonami and Adult Swim really aided the popularity of anime in America. But even with anime airing on Toonami and Adult Swim, it still felt relatively niche. It wasn’t until the airing of Madoka Magica did anime really felt like the genre was transitioning from niche to not so underground. And then once Attack on Titan happened, the whole roof was blown off.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@QuasarNova

I feel like it’s pretty well-entrenched in the mind of the casual viewer, if only as the “series that pretends to be about cute and frilly magical girls until shit very suddenly hits the fan and it becomes dark and gritty”.
Background Pony #65C9
I didn’t expect them to be making a new Hetalia.

If it gets dubbed will they be recasting Austria?
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Happy birthday, Asuka Langley. It was your character that inspired me to write my first light novel I Love My Tsundere Girlfriend. Without her, I don’t know if I’d be as inspired as I am to write.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@ShadowBolt Platinum

If tsundere girls are the way they are because of low self-esteem, then yandere girls must have self-esteem in the negatives.

Because someone lashing out because of their insecurities is one thing, but KILLING because of them is on another level entirely!
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I’m surprised no one outside of Neon Genesis Evangelion has took the time to really deconstruct the tsundere archetype. Like, maybe have a series about a person who struggles with depression and sees a therapist every day because they’re unable to be honest with their feelings. I feel you could have a good psychological study on your hands or a show similar to Bojack Horseman.

Like, maybe have scenes where the person stares in the mirror, disgusted of what they’ve become. Or have a scene where they self-harm and present it in a realistic fashion. You could have one of the best anime dramas of all time on your hands. A showcase of a tsundere and their journey to fit back into society.

As for the reason they are reluctant to admit their feelings, you could do something truly fucked up, like they lost all their trust in humanity because their parents molested them. Or you could do a thing where their parents physically abused them. I feel there’s a lot of dark stuff you can do with tsunderes to really deconstruct the concept.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide