General Anime Thread

Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@QuasarNova  
You gotta give respect, Zenitsu is able to cut the exact spot to kill a demon solely on reflex from his training and if he were to realize his feats; he’d be the most powerful and dangerous swordsman since no one would be able to see him coming.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
Recently, there was a debate on the r/Anime subreddit about whether or not Kill la Kill is a magical girl series. What do you guys think?
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@Penguin Dragneel

Boy you don’t know cursed, wait for a few episodes later

@Holofan4life

Cute and perky heroine defeating bad guys and engaging in magical adventures? Check  
Ability to transform into a powerful alter ego activated with a magical phrase and/or a Transformation Trinket? Check  
Armory of weapons and abilities to use in battle? Check  
An evil organization to fight against? Check  
A heroic/badass introduction for both parties? Check

Taking from Go Nagai and not afraid of inflicting bodily harm to it’s characters? Check and triple Check
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Recently, there was a debate on the r/Anime subreddit about whether or not Kill la Kill is a magical girl series. What do you guys think?

TvTropes has coined a new term, Magical Girl Warrior to distinguish between “pure” Magical Girl shows like Cardcaptor Sakura, Ojamajo Doremi, and Pretty Cure and more “badass” (for lack of a better term) Magical Girls like Lyrical Nanoha and, yes, Kill La Kill.

There’s a third descriptor, pushed into the spotlight with smash hits like Madoka Magica and Yuki Yuna Is A Hero called the Deconstruction, which look like the first kind of Magical Girl, but veer off into considerably darker territory, but we’re straying too far into the weeds here.

Long story short, yes, Kill La Kill is a very unconventional Magical Girl show, but one nonetheless.
QuasarNova
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, this is an interesting one.

As my fellow weebs* know there are plnety of manga adaptations that don’t do the anime justice and very rarely does the opposite happens, but there’s another trend that is mostly dusted underneath the rug amongst the degeneracy and waifus: When outside forces for some reason or another, armbars our hopes that those panels we’ve always dreamt to be fluidly portrayed in our pirate streams or anime sub feed can see the light.

I’m talking about those Shaman Kings forced to abdicate the throne, that Trinity Blood which we will never see a proper conclusion of, THAT FUCKIN GETTER ROBO SEQUEL WE WILL NEVER GET FUCK MY LIFE, and I guess the 2 fans of No Game No Life too.

Which is that series, be it a godly eroge, kingly manga, princely visual novel or plebian light novel that already had an anime adaptation, didn’t quite got it right and could really benefit from another go.

*poster is a normie fucc
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I know what I’m about to write might bring about the end of the world and the unraveling of mankind as we know it, but I can’t help myself.

Yunyun reminds me of Meg Griffin from Family Guy.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
This trait is generally applied to characters to give them a misvhievous cute look, implying that the character may be naughty and overtly extroverted, but not actually evil. [An evil character is generally portrayed by shatp canines see when their mouths are open. In this case, only one canine is made visible, and sometimes when mouth is closed too.]

Sometimes the author may want to portray the message that “cute can be evil”, for which an evil character is given a cute (single) snaggletooth.

Snaggleteeth may also be used to represent characters that are demonic characters (Rin from Blue Exorcist is an example), and most usually also for cat-humans or dog-humans.

But why is it generally portrayed in female characters only?

While some male characters may also have snaggleteeth (InuYasha and Rin), it is a fact that most commonly female characters are portrayed with snaggleteeth given for effect of cuteness.

This is primarily because women are generally more conservative in our society. This was most common in the 60s and 70s in Japan, where women were not involved in public economic services. They were domesticated, and not playful or outgoing like men. That is why female characters were portrayed with snaggletooth, since it portrays the characters as being mischievous which was a new trope and could make the characters more interesting while giving a new sight on how females could act like males too. This however, has decreased and more male characters are increasingly being displayed with snaggleteeth.

Note: This is a theory that I hypothesized myself, and I’m not asserting that it must be correct. But since an actual description is not available, we can only hypothesize depending on the contemporary situations of that period. To believe or not believe this theory is your own decision.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Crunchyroll Sparks Outrage by Removing 77 Sentai Filmworks Shows From Streaming [Sankaku Complex]

TL;DR: Crunchyroll will be remove 77 of Sentai Filmworks shows from their streaming service on August 1, due to unknown licensing issues. This has sparked outrage with Users and Subcribers of Crunchyroll.

Here are the list of shows that are being removed.

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits
AKB0048
AMNESIA
Aoharu x Machinegun
ARGEVOLLEN
BAKUON!!
Battle Girl High School
Bodacious Space Pirates
Broken Blade
Captain Earth
Celestial Method
ClassicaLoid
CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon
Cuticle Detective Inaba
DEVIL SURVIVOR 2 THE ANIMATION
Dog & Scissors
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Dynamic Chord
Engaged to the Unidentified
Fantasista Doll
Flip Flappers
Frame Arms Girl
Girlish Number
Girls Beyond the Wasteland
GLASSLIP
Gourmet Girl Graffiti
Gugure! Kokkuri-san
Hakuoki
Humanity Has Declined
Invaders of the Rokujyoma?
KINMOZA! (All Seasons)
La storia della Arcana Famiglia
Long Riders!
Magic of Stella
Magical Play
Magical Warfare
Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls
Mashiroiro Symphony
Matoi the Sacred Slayer
MEGANEBU!
Momo Kyun Sword
momokuri
Nakaimo – My Sister is Among Them!
Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Nobunaga the Fool
Norn9
One Week Friends
Phi Brain (All Seasons)
Photo Kano
Queen’s Blade Rebellion
Rail Wars!
Re-Kan!
RIN-NE (All Seasons)
Rozen Maiden
Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen
Sakura Trick
Samurai Bride
Samurai Jam-Bakumatsu Rock
SHIROBAKO
So, I Can’t Play H!
Soni-Ani: SUPER SONICO THE ANIMATION
Stella Women’s Academy, High School Division Class C3
Tari Tari
The Comic Artist and His Assistants
The Dragon Dentist
The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior
The Severing Crime Edge
Tribe Cool Crew
Tsuritama
Un-Go
Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle
Uta no Prince Sama (All Seasons)
Wakaba*Girl
Wish Upon the Pleiades
Wizard Barristers
YUYUSHIKI
Zettai Boei Leviatan
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
I saw the first 2 English dub episodes of the Lupin series 2 on YouTube.

How are the subs and dubs of the series overall? I may watch them eventually.
Background Pony #D9F8
@Sparx  
Series 2 is incomplete. They only dubbed half of it. Series 1 and 3 don’t have dubs. 4 and 5 are both completely dubbed.

Woman Called Fujiko Mine is dubbed, although it has the cast from the Funimation dubbed films, with only Fujiko being voiced by the same actress as the other TV Series since her FUNi voice actress was unavailable at the time (although Jigen’s VA in the other shows also voices Zenigata in that series). It’s out of print at the moment though I’m assuming Discotek (who has the English license to all the Lupin stuff now) will probably rerelease it sometime.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
Are there any Youtube reviews of BNA: Brand New Animal that while addressing the show’s flaws, still loved the show altogether?
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I think the biggest problem with Monster Musume no Oishasan is the name. When people hear the name Monster Musume no Oishasan, they automatically dismiss it as being a ripoff of Monster Musume. In reality, Monster Musume no Oishasan is more in line with Spice and Wolf.

I honestly think if Monster Musume no Oishasan had a different name, people would be saying it’s the anime of the season. It’s that good.

Seriously, please watch it. It is so good. You need to watch Monster Musume no Oishasan. It is so well-written and clever.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide