General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
So, last week, I finally finished Shakugan no Shana. I have now finished the three famous Rie Kugimiya tsundere animes.

For those who don’t know, the three famous Rie Kugimiya tsundere animes refers to three animes that involve a tsundere voiced by Rie Kugimiya. The three animes are Shakugan no Shana, Toradora, and Familiar of Zero.

In my opinion, Toradora hands down is the best of the three. I think the themes and the story arcs that happen in the show is all-around great stuff. This is because Yuyuko Takemiya is a really talented writer and does a tremendous job fleshing out a universe and making it feel three dimensional.

If I had to pick between Shakugan no Shana and Familiar of Zero, I think Familiar of Zero is the better series. While Louise in Familiar of Zero is extremely violent even by tsundere standards, at least she becomes less violent as the show progresses. With Shana from Shakugan no Shana, she has less character progression than both Taiga and Louise. That’s part of the reason why I don’t think Shakugan no Shana is as good as Familiar of Zero or Toradora, as I feel the progression randomly just kinda stops.

I should mention that I love season 1 of Shakugan no Shana. I also really liked season 2 of the show as well. Not as much as season 1, but the show still managed to continue developing the characters. But when season 3 happens, it’s like the character progression stops. Had season 3 of Shakugan no Shana been as good as season 1, I probably would have felt it was better than Familiar of Zero.

Another reason I think Familiar of Zero is better than Shakugan no Shana is the relationship development between the MC and the tsundere. I think Shana is a better character overall than Louise. I like Louise, but the anime adaptation went way overboard with the violence. I know it’s meant for comedy, but there’s a way to be violent without coming across as sadistic. That being said, I think the relationship development between Saito and Louise is better than Shana and Yuji. By season 4, Saito and Louise become boyfriend and girlfriend. And it feels like it’s been built up pretty well. On top of that, by the time season 4 happens, Louise becomes a nicer person and less violent, which is why I don’t hate her as much. But with Shana and Yuji, it’s like they don’t get out of first gear. Shana becomes nicer to Yuji, but that happens midway through season 1. And after that happens, it’s like their relationship doesn’t progress. Hell, they don’t even become boyfriend and girlfriend until the series finale. And by then, Yuji had turned evil.

I feel like Toradora is the perfect amalgamation of both Familiar of Zero and Shakugan no Shana. The tsundere is violent, but not too violent. The tsundere and MC hook up, and while it happens near the end, it doesn’t feel too little too late. Plus, it was built up in a way where it made sense why it would take so long for both of them to fall in love. As a complete, total package, Toradora is by far the best Rie Kugimiya tsundere anime

That being said, I think Rie Kugimiya gives her best performance as Louise.

Honestly, it’s a toss up. Rie Kugimiya’s performances as Taiga, Shana, and Louise are all tremendous. But I think her performance as Louise is outstanding. With Shana, she had moments where she got to showcase the range in her voice, but I felt they were few and far between. With Taiga, she definitely got to express the range in her voice. In fact, I would probably rank her performance in episode 19 as top tier. But I think overall Rie Kugimiya showcases the vast variety in her voice talents most prominently in Familiar of Zero.

The way she’s able to go from angry to vulnerable is just really impressive. It reminds me of Aoi Koga’s performance of Kaguya from Kaguya-sama with the way she is able to juggle so many different personalities. I still think Taiga is a better character than Louise. I think she’s written very realistically and the most three dimensionally. But the way Rie Kugimiya voices Louise is permanently etched into my brain. I cannot hear the name Saito without hearing the way Rie Kugimiya says it as Louise.

Overall, I really enjoy all three series. While I think Toradora is the greatest anime of all time and is better than both Familiar of Zero and Shakugan no Shana, each series is filled with memorable characters, great animation, and some good storylines. They also have their own unique thing going for them. Toradora is a realistic slice of life with a high school setting, Familiar of Zero is a fantasy with elements of ecchi thrown in there, and Shakugan no Shana is an action anime that also has slice of life elements thrown in there.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
So, I finally started watching Konosuba. And I gotta say, even though Kazuma is a dick and he’s meant to be like a dick, he did die trying to prevent someone from being killed. Granted, the person wouldn’t have died had she been hit as it was a tractor and not a truck and the tractor was going to stop before hitting her, but the thought of sacrificing yourself to prevent someone from being hurt is kind of noble.

Had I been in Kazuma’s situation, I don’t think I would have done anything. As assholeish as this sounds, I probably would’ve just let the person get hit by the vehicle as I don’t wanna die.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I watched the first episode of Uzaki-chan. I really enjoyed it. I heard from some people saying it’s an ecchi and a bunch of boob jokes, so going in I thought that’s what the show was going to be. But there was only maybe like 3 or 4 boob jokes. I wouldn’t classify the show as an ecchi, but that may change in upcoming episodes.

I’m a big fan of shows like Interview with Monster Girls and Gabriel Dropout, and that’s what the show is like. I thought it was a lot of fun.

Have many other animes talk about VR? A big scene in the first episode is the two main characters testing out VR technology. I don’t recall ever seeing an anime that talked about VR before.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
So, I finally started watching Konosuba. And I gotta say, even though Kazuma is a dick and he’s meant to be like a dick, he did die trying to prevent someone from being killed. Granted, the person wouldn’t have died had she been hit as it was a tractor and not a truck and the tractor was going to stop before hitting her, but the thought of sacrificing yourself to prevent someone from being hurt is kind of noble.
Had I been in Kazuma’s situation, I don’t think I would have done anything. As assholeish as this sounds, I probably would’ve just let the person get hit by the vehicle as I don’t wanna die.

Kazuma is refreshing as an isekai protagonist, because he’s not a hero, but neither is he a villain.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
And I gotta say, even though Kazuma is a dick and he’s meant to be like a dick, he did die trying to prevent someone from being killed.

Yeah, you’re gonna notice a theme amongst the main characters. They are aggressively douchebags in their interactions.
Random-Rambling
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
And I gotta say, even though Kazuma is a dick and he’s meant to be like a dick, he did die trying to prevent someone from being killed.
Yeah, you’re gonna notice a theme amongst the main characters. They are aggressively douchebags in their interactions.

The theme i got was “annoying misfits who dont have any friends except each other because of their various quirks”.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Holofan4life  
That’s because Kazuma isn’t a bad person. He’s selfish, an asshole, occasionally arrogant and petty, but all the traits of the average person. He’d help people in need if can and throughout the story, that’s exactly what he does.

He is, in all essence, the hero of his own story but not the hero of the world. Heroic sometimes but on a local scale.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
It would suck if you were attacked by a flying cabbage but you hate cabbage.

Also, this is The cabbage merchant’s dream right here
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide