General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I have very mixed feelings about Shakugan no Shana season 3. On the one hand, there is practically no filler in the season. It is mostly just characters talking about strategies and fight scenes. On the other hand, I feel that is to the series’ detriment.

What made seasons 1 and 2 so good was its ability to alternate between character development and action scenes. When a fight scene wasn’t happening, the show was busy fleshing out the characters. With season 3, however, you don’t get that much.

Another thing that I feel seasons 1 and 2 of Shakugan no Shana did better than season 3 is that when a big, dramatic fight scene took place, they gave the audience a chance to breathe after it was over. That doesn’t happen in season 3. It’s like one long endless fight scene. There are a couple episodes that focus on something other than the fighting, like when Shana goes to New York, but episodes like that are few and far between.

I’m not trying to diminish the action in season 3. It’s pretty great. But it felt like they sacrificed character development for fight scenes. The only major development that happens is the relationship between Margery Daw and Satō, but even then I feel like they didn’t focus on it enough.

I know the biggest criticism people have with season 3 is that there’s no build up to the main character switching to the dark side. But at least that happened at the very beginning and can be excused with the passage of time. My biggest criticism is there’s not enough character progression. Instead of having 85% of season 3 be a fight showcase, they could’ve focused on the main character’s journey to becoming evil. Maybe they build up to it and he becomes evil by episode 12 or something like that. Then, you can do nothing but fighting.

Season 3 of Shakugan no Shana is in my opinion not as bad as people say it is. But it’s still in my opinion a missed opportunity. It really could’ve been better if there was more breather episodes that focused on what the characters were thinking. But instead, season 3 sacrifices character advancement for action scenes.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Is it an unfair characteristic to say that a lot of anime fans are incels?

I’m going to say yes, it’s very unfair (I misunderstood the question). The average anime fan is more than capable of having healthy relationships with the opposite gender.

The really hardcore-est of hardcore fans (the type who spend $1000s on merch and seem to think their waifu is a real person that they intend to marry)…..maybe. They’ve idolized anime girls so much in their minds, that real women could never measure up. This creates disappointment, which can curdle and fester into true hatred.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide