General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Given ep 5. A slower ep with some shipping fuel, up until the reveal in the end. I dunno if this is a production issue but I think this show relies on montages too much. The writing and voice work have been good enough, but it definitely could benefit from more intricate character acting.

full

Machikado Mazoku ep 5. It’s kinda funny that this show uses the perpetual debt cycle to extend its story. It does feel less contrived than the typical ways anime avoid changing the status quo.

Shamiko allowing her sister to indulge in her little hobby, despite their financial situation, was really sweet. I might be giving this show too much credit, but Ryoko’s situation is a good example of how talent can be squandered because of a lack of a support structure.

Also, the show finally gave Shamiko her lewd battle outfit. I can understand why she doesn’t wanna wear it all the time.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Fire Force ep 5. I liked the decision to slow-drip Iris and Hibana’s backstory purely through visuals. Added a lot to their quick encounter.

The humor in this show have been hit-or-miss, but more of them worked this ep. I definitely like this show’s deadpan stuff over the livelier jokes. Although, I am kinda disappointed that the lieutenant is a second-gen. It would’ve been funnier if he didn’t have a power at all, he just knew how to drive and use a gun.

Making everything nonlethal was kinda lame. Limitations of being shounen, I guess. The turn in Arthur’s fight was so dumb, wasn’t worth how much time they spent posturing. Wish they spent more time on Maki’s fight instead.

full

Dr. Stone ep 6. This was a pretty bad title drop, lol.

Anyway, more of the same. I like that the “edu” part of the edutainment is not about throwing facts at the viewer but rather teaching them the right mentality. And I’ve been taking for granted, but it’s nice that Senku isn’t a typical nerd.

I’m enjoying the show as is, but it would be nice if the new characters added something in the story.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
I’m a 34 year-old man and I’m watching, like, 4 cartoons about how much parents suck.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@Holofan4life  
I actually like these shows.

I know the stereotype is that guys like me only like cutesy, wholesome shows, but I actually prefer problematic shows if they’re written well.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Star Twinkle ep 26. Space pajama party. This was pretty fun for a simplistic filler ep.

full

Granbelm ep 6. The show’s protagonists are destined to win, but then it tells the story from the other character’s’ perspective, and it frames destiny as a burden and not a gift. I completely understand Anna’s frustration in this. Maybe killing her mother might be taking things too far, but I understand her frustration. If she’s nothing, then she has nothing lose, right? And Hikasa Yoko was just amazing here. This might be the best voiced show all year.

I don’t mind the show framing Shingetsu as having good intentions. I totally get that she’d see Anna suffer everyday, and I can see why she would think this whole thing is fucked. But there’s so many more things left unexplored, so it’s hard to see a clear win for her.

Mangestu and Shingetsu’s intimate conversations continue to be good. Mangetsu commenting that she the only one who doesn’t have a wish evokes Madoka pretty hard. (She’s got pink hair, too.) But this show has never been shy about its influences. Mangetsu admitting that she thoroughly enjoyed the thrill of battle was concerning, and I expect Shingetsu to knock some sense into her. (edit: Maybe Mangetsu is actually the villain.) I liked Mangetsu questioning why they’re fighting to begin with, and I liked Shingetsu revealing that there has always been the theory that the mages the ones being exploited. It’s a nice bit of world-building that the outsider wasn’t the first to question the system.

full  
full  
full

The discussion about self-worth was great. About how we’ll always be chasing our ideal selves. How important our self-defined identities are, and how far we’re willing to protect them. And (because Madoka) how the universe doesn’t care. What’s a few decades of suffering, right?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide