General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Kanata no Astra ep 6. Back to the drama I like.

Ulgar’s story was just alright at first, with the voice acting elevating it. The extra twist with Luca was very interesting, though. The fact that all these kids had shitty childhoods has felt less contrived as the series has gone on. It isn’t really a stretch to think that everyone is suffering, just in different ways. A good lesson for Ulgar to learn, and a nice unifying theme to the story.

This show’s good.

Cop Craft ep 5. The production hasn’t really improved. A lot of this ep was too dark (lighting), the choreography was not impressive, and the story doesn’t really feel like it’s building towards anything. Probably a drop.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I’m currently watching the prologue to Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. Rin summoning Archer is a lot like when you’re a kid and you really want this hot new toy and you tell your mother you want it and she ends up buying this knockoff of said toy.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Flip Flappers ep 3. The show continues to pay off what it set up quickly. The ep opens in a barren and forbidding (but still beautiful) world, and you can immediately guess you’re in Pure Illusion, and you can easily guess whose mind you’re in.

In this world, the villagers are creatures who have learned to suppress their desires for the sake of their survival and the raiders want to indulge in her desires without restraint. It’s an interesting mentality, that embracing your desires means becoming a monster. And I suppose it’s fitting that everyone in the world wears a mask. Behind the mask, you can embrace and project your ugliest self, and wake up the next morning and marvel at the terribleness of it all.

The fights here were executed incredibly well. Just casually pulling off dizzyingly fast-paced and wonderfully impactful duels. They’re choreographed and animated well-enough that you can appreciate their individual fighting styles. A lot of proper action anime don’t have the characters’ personalities come through in the way they fight, and it’s great to see it in a quick exchange here. (Hell, I wouldn’t mind more of it if they’re this good.)

It’s an interesting decision in the second half of the ep to go ahead and make “submitting to your desires” less abstract and more directly sexual. The Roman-style orgy and the lewd transformation scenes were curious decisions, but I do appreciate shows not pulling their punches. If it’s going to talk about primal desires, why not be sexual.

It’s also very interesting that the villain of the ep posited that a mask doesn’t create a new identity; rather it pulls your real identity to the surface. Without her own, self-defined identity to resist it, Cocona’s most animalistic urges rose to the top.

As bombastic as the fights were, this was all just a way for Cocona and Papika to apologize to each other. It’s a small gesture, but an honest one.

Yayaka stealing the show (and the fragment) in the end was cool as hell. I guess there’s another faction now. The show hasn’t bogged itself down with lore and mechanics so far, and I hope it never does.

Evoking Mad Max, DBZ, and Sailor Moon in one ep, without losing track of the meaning in its fights. This show fuckin’ rules.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide