Viewing last 25 versions of post by Holofan4life in topic General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I really enjoyed the first episode of Jahy-sama. It was a good first impression, with enough wiggle room to grow. I found it interesting that in the first episode, we're only introduced to three characters. That seems like a kinda low amount. Then again, the first episode or two of Nagatoro only had like two characters focused on, so I guess it's not that strange.

But I guess what made the whole thing particularly weird is that it felt like some sequences were stretched out to fill for time. For instance, there's a scene where Jahy fights the landlord over having to pay the rent. Normally, a scene like that would be 2 to 3 minutes. But it went on for like 5 minutes. It was still my favorite scene in the episode, but it felt like it could've been shorter.

I also didn't think they did a good job of establishing the fact that Jahy's boss and the landlord are sisters. They casually mention it, but don't do a good job of firmly focusing on it.

But overall, the show has the potential to be really good. I find most shows struggle with their first outing and get really good later on. Hell, Spice and Wolf, one of my favorite animes of all time, had a pretty so so first episode. But by episode 3 or 4, it gets absolutely fantastic. This episode, meanwhile, was good by first episode standards. There was a lot to like about it. I also really like the characters we've been introduced to. It's going to be really interesting when we see more characters added to the mix.
No reason given
Edited by Holofan4life