Viewing last 25 versions of post by Random-Rambling in topic General Anime Thread

Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
"[@tehwatever":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5058630#post_5058630
[bq="tehwatever"]
) " 

> [
@ghostfacekiller39":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5058610#post_5058610
)
>
I love blight and trash anyway. You sez it prior: it all subjective, _*mi amigo._* You say it trash, and it prolly is, but there is no denying that I _*enjoy_* the dub better than the sub in _*many_* cases.

[/bq]

"
Anime is trash, and so am I":](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mz0trc-ZpY

"
)

[
@Holofan4life":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5058646#post_5058646
[bq="Holofan4life"]
)  

>
As an aside, I think the dub for Toradora might be better than the original [/bq]

I feel the same way about Kill La Kill.

"

[
@Goku Black":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5058746#post_5058746
[bq="Goku
) Black"] 

>
" [@ghostfacekiller39":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5058610#post_5058610
[bq="ghostfacekiller39"]
)
>
> >
Dubs are a blight [/bq]

>
>
Dubs are fine, as long as they're handled well. Even Funimation started to get real good at dubbing around 2005 when they redubbed DBZ's Saiyan Saga. [/bq]

Exactly. If you don't speak Japanese, you automatically assume all subs are "good" subs.

You don't notice a good dub, however, unless it's absolutely AMAZING (few remember the Japanese version of MHA's iconic "PLUS ULTRA" scene, "[but everybody remembers the English version":](https://wwwm.youtube.com/watch?v=0M8TFAGAyLz0trc-ZpYg)). You do, however, immediately notice a bad dub, or even just a mediocre dub. And that sticks in your mind, coloring your perception.

"

[
@DeathCloud":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5058865#post_5058865
[bq="DeathCloud"]
) " 

> [
@ghostfacekiller39":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5058661#post_5058661
)
>
Its not that dubs are bad (well most them are bad anyway), but very concept of dub is wrong [/bq]

How so?
No reason given
Edited by Random-Rambling