Viewing last 25 versions of post by ghostfacekiller39 in topic General Anime Thread

ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
"[@tehwatever":](/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5056020#post_5056020
)  
Way it was worded seemed to indicate the setting as generic, but w/e. I just absolutely wouldn't put it past someone to apply generic to something on account of two other series featuring a similar element. Faux literary critique online, ho!

I don't give a shit about watching the trailer itself because I don't give a shit about watching the series itself, but that's...certainly not enough for me to want to treat it as an especially different application than was/is the norm here, i.e. identifying certain elements that exist in other series and then stubbornly deriding them as generic without any grasp of nuance in application from series to series. Doesn't matter what's done with it, it matters what it can be categorized as on a superficial level. It's so skin-deep and shallow, yet typically comes off as presenting itself as something more substantial, that it drives me mad. Which can either be hypocritical or particularly damning coming from an ecchi fan, depending on your interpretation.

Either way, my stance is the same as it was years back - if the critique "generic" was this thread's wife, she'd have a busted lip and two black eyes minimum from the amount of abuse she'd have been put through.
No reason given
Edited by ghostfacekiller39
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
"@tehwatever":/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5056020#post_5056020
Way it was worded seemed to indicate the setting as generic, but w/e. I just absolutely wouldn't put it past someone to apply generic to something on account of two other series featuring a similar element. Faux literary critique online, ho!

I don't give a shit about watching the trailer itself because I don't give a shit about watching the series itself, but that's...certainly not enough for me to want to treat it as an especially different application than was/is the norm here, i.e. identifying certain elements that exist in other series and then stubbornly deriding them as generic without any grasp of nuance in application from series to series. Doesn't matter what's done with it, it matters what it can be categorized as on a superficial level. It's so skin-deep it drives me mad. Which can either be hypocritical or particularly damning coming from an ecchi fan, depending on your interpretation.

IEither way, my stance is the same as it was years back - if the critique "generic" was this thread's wife, she'd have a busted lip and two black eyes minimum from the amount of abuse she'd have been put through.
No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
"@tehwatever":/forums/generals/topics/general-anime-thread?post_id=5056020#post_5056020

I don't give a shit about watching the trailer itself because I don't give a shit about watching the series itself, but that's...certainly not enough for me to want to treat it as an especially different application than was/is the norm here, i.e. identifying certain elements that exist in other series and then stubbornly deriding them as generic without any grasp of nuance in application from series to series. Doesn't matter what's done with it, it matters what it can be categorized as on a superficial level. It's so skin-deep it drives me mad. Which can either be hypocritical or particularly damning coming from an ecchi fan, depending on your interpretation.

If the critique "generic" was this thread's wife, she'd have a busted lip and two black eyes minimum from the amount of abuse she'd have been put through.
No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor

I don't give a shit about watching the trailer itself because I don't give a shit about watching the series itself, but that's...certainly not enough for me to want to treat it as an especially different application than was/is the norm here, i.e. identifying certain elements that exist in other series and then stubbornly deriding them as generic without any grasp of nuance in application.

If the critique "generic" was this thread's wife, she'd have a busted lip and two black eyes minimum from the amount of abuse she'd have been put through.
No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor

I don't give a shit about watching the trailer itself because I don't give a shit about watching the series itself, but that's...certainly not enough for me to want to treat it as an especially different application than was/is the norm here, i.e. identifying certain elements that exist in other series and then stubbornly deriding them as generic without any grasp of nuance in application.

No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
Way it was worded seemed to indicate the setting as generic, but w/e. I just absolutely wouldn't put it past someone to apply generic to something on account of two other series featuring a similar element.

Faux literary critique online, ho!

No reason given
ghostfacekiller39

Sunny Day Realtor
Way it was worded seemed to indicate the setting as generic, but w/e. I just absolutely wouldn't put it past someone to apply generic bto someything ond account of two other series featuring a similar element.

Faux literary critique online, ho!
No reason given