Viewing last 25 versions of post by Holofan4life in topic General Anime Thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I'm really enjoying the new Love Live anime. However, I do have one problem. And that's Rina rarely wears her mask.

When the series was announced, Rina was the character I was most excited for because she seemed different. I loved the idea of a character who barely communicates and hides her face behind a mask. I also loved how her mask gave expressions so that you could tell how Rina was feeling. Her wearing a mask and barely talking made her stand out the most out of all the new characters.

But then the anime started airing and it feels like they've completely gotne against what made Rina so unique. She rarely wears her mask and she talks way too much. Sure, she's shy and timid, which is her character, but I always felt the whole appeal of her was her design and the fact she wore a mask because she was shy to show her face. But now, they completely did away with it.

I really feel the anime has done a disservice to Rina in regards to what she could be. She could easily be the most interesting character of the whole cast, what with her hiding her face and her barely talking. But now, she barely stands out. I like the anime as a whole, but I hate how the anime has presented Rina.
No reason given
Edited by Holofan4life