Pony with care Remember to tag images of/about the latest(?) episode with spoiler:s09e17

Viewing last 10 versions of post by dt on General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Happy Derpy!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Diamond

ALL LOVES BLAZING
"@DeathCloud":/generals/general-anime-thread/post/4408736#post_4408736
This. I feel like the point of the characterization is that all that bravado is largely empty.

The thing that I find weird about the criticisms of MHA's characterizations is that one the main themes of the show is how heroes are not going to be what you think they are or should be. I think most people are aware of this idea ("Never meet your heroes.") but this just becomes unavoidable in a world where heroism is the norm. The show pretty much establishes this at the first or second ep with the reveal of All Might's true form, and this carries through pretty much everyone in the first or second ep with the reveal of All Might's true form, and this carries through pretty much everyone in the cast.

So when I see people complain about a character in MHA not acting or looking the way they want them to, I'm just like... that's the point?
No reason given
Edited by dt
dt
Happy Derpy!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Diamond

ALL LOVES BLAZING
This. I feel like the point of the characterization is that all that bravado is largely empty.

The thing that I find weird about the criticisms of MHA's characterizations is that one the main themes of the show is how heroes are not going to be what you think they are or should be. I think most people are aware of this idea ("Never meet your heroes.") but this just becomes moreunavoidable obvious in a world where heroism is the norm. The show pretty much establishes this at the first or second ep with the reveal of All Might's true form, and this carries through pretty much everyone in the cast.

So when I see people complain about a character not acting or looking the way they want them to, I'm just like... that's the point?
No reason given
Edited by dt
dt
Happy Derpy!
Since the Beginning
Diamond

ALL LOVES BLAZING

The thing that I find weird about the criticisms of MHA's characterizations is that one the main themes of the show is how heroes are not going to be what you think they are or should be. I think most people are aware of this idea ("Never meet your heroes.") but this just becomes more obvious in a world where heroism is the norm. The show pretty much establishes this at the first or second ep with the reveal of All Might's true form, and this carries through pretty much everyone in the cast.

So when I see people complain about a character not acting or looking the way they want them to, I'm just like... that's the point?
No reason given
Edited by dt

Back