For the God-Princesses! (Warhammer 40k thread).

chaotic-7

@Communist Starlight

@Nittany Discord

I know they kinda get a poor rep, on the account that they specialize mostly ranged combat, I think they add some flavor to the mix myself, for those that like Gundam and mechs. But I’ve also noticed that in the videogames too though. They always seem to be offered up as dlc as a reminder that they still exist in the 40k universe.
Nittany Discord
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Economist -

Assistant
Dress Fanatic
@chaotic-7  
Yeah. They’re fairly neglected, but most Xenos factions in 40k are.

As far as the tabletop, there are seven phases on the tabletop per round, and Tau are weak or useless in three of those (psychic, charge, and fight). I’m sure they shoot very well, though. They get better overwatch than other factions for instance. They’re just not a great army if you want to actually do stuff or have more options for melee or psychic. Of course, I may be wrong here, but I know in the fluff, the Tau don’t do melee and have no psykers.
Castellan Fyor
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

For the Emperor!
@Nittany Discord  
Except for, of course, the farsight enclave, where melee is very much so their thing.

Sigh

They could’ve realeased some big orks with Ghaz, like from the tyrannic planet where they never stop fighting.
chaotic-7

@Communist Starlight

@Nittany Discord

I’ve kinda noticed that though in a lot of the pc games. I don’t think they were in any of the Dawn of War games. But it’s like all other xenos races get more spotlight than the Tau. Like the Eldar, Orks, Tyranids get more attention. Then you get the Necrons vs The Mechanicum because who doesn’t love looting space pyramids. And finally you have the Tau…yeah. I dunno, to me it just feels like they get the short end of the stick in terms of overall relevency. I mean they seem cool and seem to be the most technologically advanced out of all the factions, but why make them so squishy?
Nittany Discord
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Assistant
Dress Fanatic
@Communist Starlight  
And they could have released new Ork-like Tyranids. Kryptmann’s Folly should have been good for both of our races. Maybe that’s coming in our 9th edition codexes.

@chaotic-7  
I still want my 4X Tyranid simulator. I guess I could buy DoW 1 or 2 if I want to play as my favorite space bugs.

I don’t know why Tau get the short end of the stick with 40K other than being Xenos and being “the good guys.” I do love how they’re the only technologically-progressive race in 40K, but they’re also naive and haven’t had a fall from grace like the other intelligent races. I actually want to see more Tau games since the sky’s the limit for them (until they either screw themselves over, the warp screws them over, or AI screws them over).
chaotic-7

@Communist Starlight

I’m curious about the chracter classes, I recognize the Ogryn but what about the other 3. I mean I know that they’re all supposed to be guardsman. I guess they’re trying to go for more of a high tension shooter with heavy fear elements rather than just plunking a handful of Space Marines in just so they can run through and power fist and purge through everything. But that’s still cool though I think it’ll show people who are just getting into 40k that the Guardsman are more than just the expendable “red shirts” of the series.
Nittany Discord
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Assistant
Dress Fanatic
@chaotic-7  
I saw it. Looks good.

I don’t think that hammer is a thunder hammer. It’s too small and doesn’t emit a force field upon impact. It’s still heavy, though. I also don’t know if that lady is an initiate of the Adeptus Sororitas because wouldn’t she be wearing power armor? Plus, Adeptus Sororitas I think are recruited as young girls from the Schola Progenia, which is basically an orphanage for the children of fallen imperial officers. She could still be some Ecclesiarchial agent, though.

I do hope one of the characters is a commissar, though, because that would be awesome.
chaotic-7

@Nittany Discord

I heard rumors that they’re a penal group sent in for a suicide mission, as much as I know it takes place on a hive world and they’re going up against a Chaos cultist group but that’s about it.
chaotic-7

@Communist Starlight

Well everything I know about it is just speculation, but if the first trailer is anything to go by then maybe the Echlisarchy is just sending them in small squads as a means of both punishment and to gather intel on the hive world? Again this is all speculation thus far. 2021 isn’t that far away, I just hope it isn’t until like fall or winter of 2021.
Nittany Discord
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Assistant
Dress Fanatic
@chaotic-7  
@Communist Starlight  
The game’s official Steam page does say this:

“Step into the dystopian and violent world of the Warhammer 40,000 universe where you play the part of a convict turned agent who serves the zealous Inquisition in its mission to exterminate Chaos cultist corruption.”

You are a penal legionnaire of sorts, just not an official part of any Imperial Guard penal legion. For one, I don’t see explosive collars around their necks that penal legionnaires are supposed to have. I guess the Inquisition has another way of controlling penal agents.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide